Part-Time Animal Technician
The part-time (weekend and holiday coverage) Animal Technician is an entry-level position that will perform animal health surveillance and treatments, antibody production activities, feeding, and cleaning activities to maintain compliance with Corporate Animal Science and Welfare, USDA, ISO, and cGMP standards and policies. This role will support the development and maintenance of an effective animal enrichment program. You must demonstrate the ability to:
· Handle and restrain animals safely and humanely.
· Follow all operating procedures, USDA and local, state and federal regulations as trained.
· Provide routine care for animals as assigned, including daily food, water and husbandry care.
· Observe animals on a daily basis for health, environmental conditions, social environment and impacts from antibody production protocols and report concerns or changes to area lead
· Provide ad hoc administration of prescribed medications
· Perform routine preventative care and maintenance of animals including vaccinations, hoof care, weight checks and identification markings
· Perform scheduled production activities including immunizations and blood collection
· Maintain legible and accurate animal care records and individual animal identification within prescribed manual and database systems.
· Provide enrichment for all species
· Provide support during veterinarian visits
· Inspect animal enclosures and feeding/watering devices
· Complete routine cleaning of animal housing areas by manual and mechanical methods including removal of excrement and sanitation of enclosures
· Perform work in accordance with EHS requirements and report hazardous conditions and/or equipment failures following established procedures.
· Clean procedure rooms, equipment and instruments including sweeping and mopping floors
· May be required to perform additional duties as assigned
· Ability to lift and move up to 100+ lbs
· Frequent standing
· Frequent kneeling
· Frequent stooping
· Full use of upper extremities
· Full mental awareness and concentration for animal identification and traceability
· Occupational exposure to needles and bloodborne pathogens
· Ability to use all applicable protective equipment including but not limited to safety glasses, N95 mask and steel-toe boots
· Follow Corporate medical surveillance program for animal handlers
· Ability to work in highly variable temperatures (hot or cold) for extended periods of time
Who You Are:
· High School Diploma OR GED required
· 1+ year experience directly working with care of animals1+ year experience directly working with the care of animals
· 6+ months of experience driving utility vehicles, tractors OR other heavy equipment
· Good computer and math skills to allow for the accurate recording of production data
· Experience working directly with Goats and Sheep preferred
· Strong verbal and written communication skills and be proficient in English in order to read and follow written operating procedures utilized in the work areas as well as to communicate with external stakeholders.
Job Requisition ID: 208103
Career Level: C - Professional (1-3 years)
Working time model: part-time
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our HR Services team at 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday.
Nearest Major Market: San Diego
Job Segment: Technician, Medical, Database, Environmental Health & Safety, Technology, Healthcare