Development Engineer II
We are seeking a Device Development Engineer to work within MilliporeSigma Process Solutions Filtration R&D. This position will be based at our Bedford, MA campus. As part of our R&D organization, the successful candidate will be developing novel products used in the processing and purification of biopharmaceutical products. This individual will apply solid mechanical engineering principles to conceptualize and design prototype products and manufacturing equipment in a collaborative environment. The candidate will be a contributing member within a technical team responsible for development and validation of filtration products and their manufacturing processes, including transfer to production facilities. Work cross-functionally with a team including R&D, Manufacturing, Quality and Procurement through development and validation phases to support successful product launches.Some travel domestically and internationally as needed.
Who You Are:
· B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering or within an Engineering discipline with a minimum of one year of industrial experience.
· 3+ years of experience with CAD software packages/techniques
· Ability to read equipment pneumatic and electrical schematics, understand PLC code, and develop/modify prototype equipment
· Experience in designing injection molded parts and fixtures.
· Hands-on technical skills in a lab environment with a high level of mechanical aptitude.
· Experience with process development and validation highly desirable.
· Experience with DOE and statistical tools (Minitab or equivalent) desirable.
· Experience in writing technical reports, presentations, validation or manufacturing documentation highly desirable.
· Knowledge of filtration products, processes and applications is a plus.
· Effective oral and written communication skills. Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
· Self-driven to achieve project goals and meet deadlines
· Proven-track record of good problem-solving skills and sound decision making.
Job Requisition ID: 210288
Career Level: C - Professional (1-3 years)
Working time model: full-time
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our HR Services team at 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday.
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Developer, R&D, Technology, Research