MilliporeSigma is seeking an Administrative Assistant to provide onsite dedicated assistance to executive leadership of our eCommerce and LS Biology teams. You will ensure all administrative tasks are handled confidentially, professionally, and efficiently in a way that maximizes productivity of the leaders.
· Proactively manage the day to day schedule (Outlook calendars) of designated executives, ensuring excellent time management is adhered, including extensive diary management, organizing appointments, meetings and managing incoming communications.
· Arrange and manage the travel arrangements (globally) for designated executives including flights, ground travel, accommodations, meals, and any other plans, as needed, to ensure safe and efficient – as well as cost effective – business travel.
· Provide tailored support to each of the designated executives, based on their preferences and needs, including for example: Organizing and attending meetings, where requested, supporting advance preparation and taking notes/action points, as required; Creating/editing presentations (PowerPoint) for meetings; Generating and drafting correspondence, as required; Screening telephone calls, inquiries and requests, handling them as appropriate. Flagging urgent/critical matters in a timely manner; Ensure adequate bring-forward files/presentations are maintained and that all relevant information is available to executive in advance of meetings to enable preparation as necessary.
· Support invoice and purchase order payment to vendors providing goods/services to the eCommerce and LS Biology teams.
· Manage defined team communications activities (to be defined, but likely to include newsletter and EVA site regular communications).
· Provide office event coordination and support (e.g., town halls, etc.), including travel coordination for non-local participants, team activities, meals, greeting and managing visitors to the office, etc.
· Support, as needed, special projects and initiatives requiring communications or administrative support (e.g., Marketing Planning, Training).
· Participate as a core ‘Quality Work Life’ team member for regular social and team building activities, taking the lead responsibility for event and logistics coordination.
· Assisting with matters of a sensitive nature whilst maintaining confidentiality, at all times.
· Liaise and communicate with clients, suppliers and global colleagues to maintain a professional relationship and good corporate image at all times.
· Supporting executives in different time zones including handling emergency or urgent needs before or after normal working hours.
This role has the potential for occasional travel.
Who you are:
· Bachelor’s degree in any discipline or an Associate’s degree in any discipline with 1+ years’ Administrative Assistant experience at a senior/executive level or High School diploma/equivalent with 5+ years’ Administrative Assistant experience at a senior/executive level.
· Highly organized, able to manage a variety of tasks simultaneously
· Thrive in a fast-paced environment with quickly changing priorities and short deadlines
· Excellent planning skills, capable of prioritizing actions to meet organizational deadlines
· Impeccable attention to detail
· Ability to communicate with all levels within the organization
· Competent in both written and oral communications
· High degree of comfort and proficiency using various corporate software tools: SAP, Concur, and virtual meeting platforms: BlueJeans, MS Teams, Skype, and Slack
· High level of personal integrity, proactiveness, initiative and discretion
· Proficient and competent in using MS Office packages; Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Job Requisition ID: 207819
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our HR Services team at 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday.
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Secretary, ERP, Administrative Assistant, SAP, Administrative, Technology