A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Territory Sales Representative
The primary purpose of this position is to sell, promote and provide support to customers & customer staff, including other related Key stakeholders on the features and benefits of Royal Canin products, all to grow the current sales. This role is reporting into the Veterinary Pillar.
What are we looking for?
· 3-5 years sales experience, including presentation and customer service skills and/or
· Minimum of 3-5 years working companion animal hospitals or in an industry sales role if role is in the veterinary pillar
· 1 year college diploma in nutrition, animal science, medical or business courses or equivalent level of industry experience
· Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
What would be your key responsibilities?
· Focus on Royal Canin and/or Eukanuba brands only - Responsible for educating, selling and increasing Royal Canin’s product portfolio.
· Work closely with Key Account Managers to ensure effective execution
· Provide in seminars and training
· Call on accounts with a frequency as determined by management and the customer – maintain consistent call cycle
· Internal relationships with Customer Service, Marketing, Sales, Accounting, R & D, Clinical Research, Q & A, Technical Services
What can you expect from Mars?
· Chance to work on world-renowned brands such as Royal Canin.
· An industry competitive salary and benefits package
· The opportunity to learn and develop, taking charge of your own career across Mars
A criminal records check will be required for this position.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Mars Canada is committed to equity in employment and diversity. Mars Canada will provide an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform Mars Canada of your requirements. For more information please review Mars Canada's Accessibility Policy and address any questions about that policy to MarsCanada.Accessibility@effem.com.
Job Segment: Equity, Sales Rep, Sales, Finance