A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Purpose of the Role
Sr. Maintenance Technicians have the ability to troubleshoot various competencies: Advanced Pneumatic, Basic Hydraulic, AC/DC Electrical Systems, Automation (PLC and Instrumentation), Automation, Machining, and Mechanical Systems on all Process and Packaging Equipment with minimal guidance. As a Team, properly maintain and repair equipment in a fast paced, high production work environment, while prioritizing multiple mechanical/electrical and administrative tasks. This role will be primary contact for prioritizing maintenance shift work, technical escalations, scheduling, and general team support during factory shift coverage.
· Facilitate Daily Shift Transition Meetings
· Ambassador of Safety, upkeep of daily safety topic and facilitate team safety discussions
· Ensure Team Work Load is Executed and Completed as Scheduled
· Ensure labor hours are recorded on WO’s and closed
· Coordinate and prioritize, assign team daily workload
· POC (Point of Contact) for Team, including written and verbal communication
· Ensure Issues are Recorded in Log Book and Shift Notes
· Ensure issues and temporary repairs are recorded and passed on to appropriate associates
· Initiate contact with additional resources as needed: Controls, Contractors, Vendors, etc.
· Liaison between Team and Maintenance Team Lead
· Other duties as assigned by Team Lead and Reliability Manager
· Assist in positive motivation and engagement of team
Mission Critical Competencies:
Associate Well-Being and Engagement
Integrity and Trust
Building Effective Teams
Delivers Consistent Results
Food Safety and Product Quality
Drive for Results
Creates Collaborative Relationships
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
· Technical Degree/Trade Certification or 4-6 years equivalent work experience required.
· Associate's Degree in a Technical discipline, preferably in Industrial Maintenance/Technology.
· Successful completion of Mars Apprenticeship Program or Co-op.
· Possess a fundamental understanding of Electrical, Hydraulic and Pneumatic Schematics and Mechanical Drawings in order to solve problems in a timely manner at the component level on all assigned equipment; i.e. sorting systems and palletizing robots.
· Ability to troubleshoot AC/DC Electrical components (up to 480VAC 3 Phase) including motor starters, switches and sensors found on all assigned equipment using basic test equipment such as multi-meters and amp probes.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed to support production needs and to conduct multi-task work in a very fast paced work environment
· Willingness to develop required Technical Skills
· Possess an advanced understanding of AC/AC Electrical (up to 480VAC 3 Phase), Hydraulic and Pneumatic Schematics and Mechanical Drawings in order to solve problems in a timely manner.
· Technical/ Trade Certification in: Welding, Advanced Machinist Skills, fabrication and blueprint interpretation.
· Possess PLC/Instrumentation troubleshooting skills.
· Frequent lifting/carrying (10-50 lbs.).
· Frequent pushing/pulling (50-200 lbs.).
· Frequent handling/gripping/bending/stooping.
· Ability to work at elevated heights off a ladder or platform, climb stairs, leaning over equipment.
· Ability to stand and / or work on feet for extended periods (minimum eight hours in one shift).
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Waco
Job Segment: Hydraulics, Electrical, Instrumentation, Engineering