Description de l'offre
A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
The senior product development scientist incubation role supports our innovation initiatives to ensure the ongoing delivery of high quality and safe food products within The Cocoa Exchange external manufacturing network. In addition, the role supports ideation, prototyping, qualification, product start up, reporting, performance management, and process improvement initiatives at manufacturing locations. The incumbent will use strong program management and external partner management coupled with food science, engineering knowledge, and quality management in service of the global innovation agenda.
What we are looking for:
· Bachelors degree in Chemistry, Food Science, Engineering or related technical field
· 2+ years of product development experience in a CPG industry
· 3+ years of experience in a technical area such as Quality & Food Safety, R&D and/or product development
· Proven project management skills
· Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
· Food manufacturing facility experience
· Advanced MS degree in Chemistry, Food Science, Engineering or related technical field
· Project Management training
· Understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs), HACCP, Sensory, Microbiology, Regulatory and Food Law guidelines
· Supports manufacturing site selection by assessing quality capability and food safety systems performance with the goal of assisting in site selection and supporting quality resolving audit concerns.
· Key leader of our internal activity management program ensuring that it has cross functional effectiveness and fit for purpose in our DS2 incubation landscape.
· Validates new lines and/or capabilities at assigned sites and supports the development delivering prototypes that translate consumer insight and wants into product attributes.
· Development of products through hands on bench top prototyping, pilot plant scale up and full production scale trials.
· Develops new technologies and utilizes existing technologies in the development of new products
· Works to develop or ensure basic scientific understanding of raw materials and their interactions.
· Collaborates with process development, quality, cross functional team members, and external suppliers and researchers
What can you expect from Mars?
· The opportunity to learn, develop and take charge of your own career.
· An industry competitive salary and benefits package.
· To be respected and valued.
· The Five Principles at the center of every decision we make.
· The opportunity to work cross functionally, add value and impact a better world for generations to come.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Scientific, Engineer, Program Manager, Project Manager, R&D Engineer, Engineering, Management, Technology