Description de l'offre
A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
***Some Relocation Benefits May Be Available***
Site Project Engineer – Cleveland, TN
The Site Project Engineer is responsible for the design and installation of capital projects. The candidate should expect to deliver projects from project scope development and business case write-up, through execution, commissioning, startup and project closure. The candidate will be expected to manage projects collaboratively with the site following all Mars project management requirements. The Site Project Engineer is responsible for deploying his/her engineering know-how to successfully execute and deliver projects to the business that provide a competitive advantage.
What are we looking for?
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
High School Diploma coupled with 5+ years of experience in a comparable technical role.
· 3 - 5+ years of experience in a comparable technical position - food, beverage, pharmaceutical or related industry preferable with strong functional/technical skills in project management.
· Experience in leading engineering projects
· Understanding of engineering principles – knowledge of engineering disciplines: Process, Packaging, Electrical, Mechanical, and Construction
· Strong collaboration skills along with a drive for results; Strong planning and priority settings skills
· Construction management experience preferred
· Experience managing external contractors
What would be your key responsibilities?
· Project management
· Scoping the project with the project sponsor and owner
· Designing with regional and global support
· Procuring and managing the capital budget
· Executing the project using internal and external resources
· Monitoring the success of the project through KPIs established during the scoping phase
· Closing the project out by ensuring the end user has everything needed to utilize the new project.
· Work with customers internally and externally to solve issues that arise at the plant.
· External Contractor management
· Asset health check management
· Deployment of SIG (Sustainable in a Generation) playbook
· Review data and playbook requirements to design and implement solutions to lessen the impact of our factory on the environment.
What can you expect from Mars?
· The opportunity to learn and develop, taking charge of your own career across Mars
· An industry competitive salary and great benefits package
· 401(k) match
· Chance to work cross functionally, and add value and impact to the business
· If you are passionate, a great problem solver, resilient and have a high drive for results, then we want to hear from you!
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Chattanooga
Job Segment: HR, Project Engineer, Construction, Engineer, Electrical, Human Resources, Engineering