Site Activity Expert
Salary: £26,800 – £33,500 (+ bonus and benefits)
Food is so much more than what we eat. It’s a way for families to bond, laugh, talk and teach each other how to make their favorite meals. For farmers, it’s a way to make a living. These are facts that we’re aware of when we make decisions about how we want to contribute to a more positive world.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Food business as our Site Activity Expert. This site based role works in a team of project management professionals at the cross-roads of Supply and Demand and offers a unique opportunity to get to know the business inside out.
This role is responsible for the project and process coordination of all product and packaging changes/activities which impact the consumer and/or customer, from the Kings Lynn factory to all markets.
What are we looking for?
· A higher level of vocational education (a degree or apprenticeship + experience) is preferred
· Experience in project management and the processes and tools used e.g. agile techniques, stage & gate processes, etc. if prefered.
· A good understanding of how a business operates. Preferably within supply chain, R&D, S&F or commercial functions.
· Excellent facilitation and planning skills
· Must be fluent in English (written and verbal)
What would be your key responsibilities?
· Effective coordination and “Right First Time” execution of all activities from the site to all markets in line with business strategy in the most efficient way from a quality, capability, capacity and cost point of view.
· Set up, lead and manage Activity Task Groups for the development, implementation & delivery of activities, such as roll outs, promotions or recipe & packaging changes within the agreed time frame. Lead these meetings as a key enabler for managing activities on site and keeping stakeholders informed on all changes to their portfolio, and support the site simplification agenda.
· Implement packaging design and text changes via the established packaging origination process in close partnership with Marketing, R&D, Packaging Compliance, Scientific & Regulatory Affairs, and the external artwork compilation agency.
· Be the “Centre of Expertise” for the continuous improvement of site activity relevant processes, tools and ways of working with the Global Activity Management Team.
What can you expect from Mars?
· An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including excellent pension.
· A company that understands the importance of a work-life balance.
· The chance to take hold of your own career, and develop personally and professionally.
Closing date: 19th February 2021
To open up a dialogue, please click on the APPLY button below. We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Segment: Project Manager, Technology