Description de l'offre
A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
This position serves as a Maintenance Mechanic. This associate will be responsible for diagnosing and troubleshooting equipment and systems during factory runtime and downtime.
Safety – Understand and demonstrate adherence to Mars Safety Standards including but not limited to Lock Out Tag Out.
Quality – Ensure adherence to all GMP/HACCP/Q&FS requirements . Each associate is responsible for complying to Mars Petcare quality and food safety policies, procedures, QMP and other auditable quality, food safety and regulatory standards in order to ensure a safe and quality product intended to delight the consumer.
1. Diagnose and troubleshoot equipment and systems during factory runtime and down time. Make adjustments based on evaluations taken during the shift.
2. To respond to unplanned work orders to safely and quickly bring equipment back to production.
3. Ensure complete and timely closeout of unplanned work orders with a clear description of the observed problems, actions taken and any follow-ups that may be required.
4. Communicate issues observed to the System Technician and develop solutions for recurrent issues.
5. Inspect equipment for wear, metal fatigue and damage.
6. Rebuild and fabricate parts and equipment.
7. Drive implementation of a “Continuous Improvement” organization that demonstrates improvement by continuously driving faults lower.
8. Can perform the essential functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation.
9. Must be able to adapt to temperature and environmental extremes such as hot and cold, dust, dirt and chemicals
10. Perform assigned preventive maintenance on equipment and systems.
11. Work with the System Technicians to improve performance of systems.
12. Adopt the Mars OS such as MP2/CMMS and use it daily.
13. To thoroughly train associates new to the area.
14. Able to complete all tasks in the area abiding by Mars Safety Practices.
15. Able to complete all tasks in the area assigned by manager abiding by the Quality Practices and Mars Safety practices.
16. Every associate at Mars has responsibility for the achievement of quality and food safety.
Context and Scope
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for various reliability functions within the site. This associate is responsible for maintaining standard running conditions of operating equipment throughout the facility. The associate will also be responsible for repairs and replacement of failed components with the ability to troubleshoot unknown equipment issues.
· Must have 3 years of experience in a maintenance capacity within a manufacturing environment.
· Knowledge of electrical systems using 480 volt 3 phase as well as 240 volt through 24 volt single phase systems.
· Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, analyze and resolve technical problems.
· Working knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
· Working knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems.
· Knowledge of industrial plant systems, equipment and operations.
· Team working skills at a variety of function levels.
· Proficient in the use of industrial mechanics tools and electrician’s tools.
· The ability to certify and operate a forklift.
· Able to complete all tasks in the area assigned by managers abiding by the Mars Safety and Quality Practices.
· Physical requirements: Ability to perform all needed physical activities without restrictions. (Maximum of 50 pounds lifting.)
· Predictive maintenance skills
· Controls and instrumentation knowledge including, but not limited to, HMI system chart recorders, resistance temperature detectors, pressure differential transmitters and 4-20 MA loop control systems.
· Ability to troubleshoot programmable logic controllers (PLCs) hardware including Allen Bradley PLCs as well as others used in the field.
· Ability to read and interpret blueprints as well as basic intermediate PLC ladder logic.
· PC skills including the use of system to plan and close work orders.
· Welding experience.
· Bilingual - Ability to communicate clearly in Spanish a plus.
Level of Role: Individual Contributor
· Delivers Consistent Results
· Creates Collaborative Relationships
Key Supporting Competencies
· Drive for Results
· Ability to set goals for yourself and others
· Can be cunted on to exceed goals successfully
· Steadfastly pushes self and thers for results
· Cntinuously looks for ways to improve results
· Strives for the best result possible
· Priority Setting
· Can quickly sense what will help r hinder accomplishing goals
· Can quickly zero in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside
· Creates fcus where needed
· Action Oriented
· Has drive and takes initiative
· Is comfortable taking risks
· Sets an action standard for others
· Is able to quickly move from one priority to another
· Can accurately scope out length and difficulty of tasks
· Ability to identify potential obstacles and comes up with contingency plans to avoid them
· Able to define necessary resources needed and schedule them clearly and effectively
· Identifies desired utcomes before starting work.
Functional Competencies and Technical Skills
· Safety at Mars
· Knows and adheres to all safety rules
· Understands and uses all relevant Mars’ Safety standards such as Lock out tag out and Working at Heights
· Aware of their personal responsibility for safety and that of others
· Food Safety at Mars
· Aware of HACCP / Food Safety hazards
· Familiar with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Reno
Nearest Secondary Market: Tahoe
Job Segment: Hydraulics, Technician, Electrical, Electrician, Instrumentation, Engineering, Technology