A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Position Title: Sanitation Technician
Reports To: Sanitation Manager
Segment: Mars Petcare
Job Location: Victorville, California
Purpose of this Role/Summary
Responsibility for maintaining a clean and sanitary production facility.
This role specializes in sanitation and pest control for the entire site in order to provide a clean, safe and orderly environment that exemplifies a world class manufacturing facility.
· Responsible for assisting all areas in maintaining high levels of daily cleanliness and adherence to site GMP's.
· Prioritize work on a daily basis by identifying pressing issues, through communication with each operator, knowing shift production plans and awareness of area.
· Promote high quality team environment through effective team work and self-management with a positive attitude.
· Performs all assigned activities and job tasks within their area
· Understands production schedules as they relate to shut downs.
· Detailed cleaning of large areas and work spaces
· Detailed cleaning of large pieces of manufacturing equipment
· Understanding of microbiological and pest control as it pertains to a food manufacturing environment
· The ability to work with all Teams at the site on Sanitation, Pest Control and Housekeeping Projects
· The ability to work in enclosed spaces
· The desire to work as an interactive team in a large plant setting
· When assigned to a specific operation area, complete all duties associated with that assignment in a safe and efficient manner.
· Perform sanitation duties as required by the Master Sanitation Schedule, with particular attention to lock out/tag out procedures. Complete required documentation.
· Assist the plant to meet or exceed production goals.
· Educate others on sanitation principles.
· Receive micro training and understand the hazards of cross contamination.
· Develop a detailed knowledge of the process flow of the plant.
· Understand traffic, air flow and color code system.
· Every associate at Mars has responsibility for the achievement of quality and food safety.
· Other duties and responsibilities throughout the plant as assigned by manager
· Be 18 years of age or older
· Have a High school diploma, GED or equivalent education
· Must be willing and able to work and accept varying shifts and schedules
· Good working knowledge of HACCP & Food Safety
· Working knowdledge of all production equipment, site layout, sanittaion tool use and preventive maintenance.
· Ability to understand and effectively communicate in the English language
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Riverside
Nearest Secondary Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Technician, Technology