When we make brands that put smiles on people’s faces and build better moments for millions, we feel a sense of pride in our work! Today, our iconic products like M&M’S®, SNICKERS®, ORBIT®, EXTRA® and Skittles® are enjoyed in more than 180 countries.
An exciting opportunity for Mechanical Technician has become available in the Mars Slough factory within the Maintenance and Reliability Department, supporting the success of our globally admired brands such as Snickers, Maltesers and Galaxy.
This hands-on role is an integral part of the Maintenance and Reliability Department with the primary focus being preventative maintenance and continuous improvement activities aimed at supporting equipment reliability. You’ll experience a huge variety of FMCG technologies and will get multiple opportunities to learn and develop your knowledge of our complex production facility. As you develop in this exciting role, we’ll expect you to be first-rate at both learning from others and imparting your knowledge on those around you.
What are we looking for?
· Previous experience in a Mechanical Engineering role
· ONC/HNC Qualified
· Excellent interpersonal/communication skills
What would be your key responsibilities?
· Carry out planned maintenance activities on our production equipment
· Manage complex mechanical technical issues anywhere within the factory to maximise production efficiency.
· Work in adherence to site safety, GMP/GHP standards aligned with operational and technical priorities.
· Diagnose and resolve complex technical issues to root cause.
· Coach and mentor Technicians and Operations associates in technical matters, including new technology, breakdown repair, maintenance tasks and continuous improvement.
What can you expect from Mars?
· An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including excellent pension.
· A company that understands the importance of a work-life balance.
· The chance to take hold of your own career and develop personally and expertly.
Job Segment: Technician, Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Technology, Engineering