A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Shift: 12 Hour Night Shift 4 on, 4 off
· Responsible for area consisting of multiple systems.
· Troubleshoot, adjust, repair and perform preventive/predictive maintenance on existing production equipment in areas of responsibility to restore machinery, building, and utilities to proper functionality.
· Follow safety/LOTO procedures.
· Communicate to the oncoming shift Lead Maintenance Technicians, as well as other Reliability Technicians any issues or ongoing problems with the PM’d equipment.
· Write Corrective work orders on those discrepancies discovered as part of the PM.
· Complete and close planned work orders and PM’s in a timely manner.
· Complete daily, weekly and bi-weekly PM and/or Planned work orders in primary area of responsibility.
· Identify area improvement opportunities and enter planned work orders
· Work with the Lead Maintenance Technicians and the Engineers to make ongoing system improvements.
· Maintain an open and professional line of communication with other associates and the management team.
· Work with the shift leads on any logic programming changes that need to be made to restore the proper functioning of equipment.
· Maintain the shared equipment in the Maintenance shop.
· Assist in routine shutdowns and start-ups around common down days.
· Resource during project installation.
· Assist in system start-ups.
· Train operators on operational set-up issues.
· Demonstrate a food safety quality culture in actions, words and spirit.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
Knowledge and Experience
• Minimum of 2 years industrial maintenance experience
• Must be proficient in the use of industrial mechanics, electricians, instrumentation and controls, rigging/millwork tools
• Injection molding or machining experience strongly preferred
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Kansas City
Job Segment: Technician, Instrumentation, Technology, Engineering