Reliability Engineer (Utility and Sustainability)
Salary: £41,000 - £52,000
Due to a growing need for energy management onsite and improvement of our reliability strategy, an exciting opportunity has opened up for a Reliability Engineer role in our Slough factory. Reporting to the Site Technical Manager and a key part of the Site Technical Leadership Team, the role will help establish the site energy management program and will lead asset reliability for our utilities plant, enabling a sustainable performance and cost structure of the Slough site.
The Reliability Engineer (RE) has the responsibility and accountability for making technical decisions that impact energy consumption across the factory as well as decisions on the asset strategy for our utilities plant. This role requires close coordination with operational teams in order to engage them in the sustainability plan for the plant. Additionally the role requires forward-thinking strategic agility to drive the performance of our utilities assets and reduce their unplanned downtime.
· Reduce breakdown losses through data based analysis and using start of the art maintenance methodologies to improve asset performance.
· Identify reliability bad actors and lead reliability improvement programs to eliminate their performance issues.
· Own and update the maintenance asset strategy for all utilities plant in collaboration with other Mars sites (globally).
· Lead the Asset Health Check process for utilities ensuring all equipment is captured in order to reduce safety, quality, legal and performance risks.
· Lead maintenance technicians to deliver the maintenance requirements for all utility capital project handovers.
· Lead and coach associates in complex problem solving and lead critical technical escalations across the factory.
· Own the site maintenance strategy process influencing peers to create a common approach.
· Establish & measure site energy usage targets, benchmarking against aligned global & regional targets.
· Create, implement and own Sustainable In a Generation (SIG) roadmap for site(s) including a prioritised list of energy and water saving opportunities.
· Audit and maintain the deployment of SIG in Mars Operating Standards, establishing & embedding best practices for operation and shutdown of production lines.
· Be the primary source of data and information to SIG Regional Engineer.
What we want from you:
· Technical/Engineering degree and/or equivalent experience
· Experience in a manufacturing engineering or reliability engineering role
· Excellent communication skills with a demonstrated ability to relate to all people at all levels, from a variety of backgrounds and to confront difficult and challenging situations as required.
· Ability to lead and coordinate associates & third parties
· Sound interpersonal skills and knowledge and experience of building effective teams
In return we offer
· Competitive Salary & Benefits
· Flexible Working
· A focus on personal development and opportunity to grow in this role and future roles.
We know it’s important to you to find out as much about us as possible, so following a review of your CV the first stage will be a telephone interview with the hiring manager and a chance for you to ask lots of questions. If successful you will be invited to an interview day in front of our panel. Don’t worry you’ll have plenty of time to prepare.
Closing date: 9 th December 2020
To open up a dialogue, please click on the APPLY button below. We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Segment: Architecture, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Engineering