A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
· Testing and unloading bulk grains, powders, liquids, meat and hazardous chemicals and dispense into appropriate bins and tanks in a safe and efficient manner.
· Perform activities of Quality Assurance as detailed in Quality Systems Manual. Assure checks are documented clearly and cross referenced and traceable.
· Communicate results of routine QA tests to production personnel. Notify supervisory personnel and QA Technician of product quality or plant conditions which may have a negative impact on product, and work together to correct the situation.
· Maintain and report hold/reject product, and assure its proper disposition.
· Collect routine ingredient samples as required (detailed in Quality Assurance Manual).
· Generate Quality Control reports as delegated by QA Technician..
· Develop and maintain proficiency in business systems as needed to ensure accurate reporting and inventory management.
· Prepare and maintain Best Practices and training modules.
· Ability to work independently as well as within a team setting.
· Knowledge of Food Safety (HACCP), Quality Systems, and Good Manufacturing Practices.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
· May have to perform special non-routine tasks associated with corporate requests, projects and tests
· Keep receiving laboratory equipment clean and in proper working order unless repairs are beyond their capacity
Who Should Apply . . .
Who Should Apply . . .
We are looking for individuals who demonstrate the following behaviors:
· Team player
· Action oriented
· Problem solving abilities
· Strong communication skills
· Continuous self development
Primary qualifications for this job are:
· Most recent Performance appraisal with a minimum of “Meets” expectations and not more than 1 year old.
· No active disciplinary notices.
· Acceptable attendance (less than 5 incidents and no discipline above an Initial Warning).
· Must not be afraid of heights; must be capable of working at elevated heights
· Must not be unusually sensitive to chemicals (contact lenses not recommended).
· Vision correctable to 20/20.
· Must be able to stand on feet for long periods of time.
· Standing on a concrete floor
· Majority of time spent in outer building, outdoor environment performing quality sampling, inspections and evaluations.
· Wearing proper personal protective equipment (hair net, bump cap, ear plugs, safety shoes, and uniform)
· Bending, stooping, twist, turn, standing for extended time periods, reaching, climbing stairs, and lifting up to 55 lbs
· Must be able to adapt to temperature and environmental extremes such as hot to cold, dust dirt and chemicals
· Able to work with minimal supervision
· Be 18 years of age or older
· Have a High school diploma, GED or equivalent education
· Basic knowledge of personal computers
· Demonstrated competency in computer and pc software including MS Office and email
· Must be willing and able to work and accept varying shifts and schedules
· Ability to understand and effectively communicate in the English language
· Good basic math, reading and writing skills
· Good communication skills
· Ability to learn to operate quality control testing equipment
· Ability to work in a self directed manner with minimal supervision and a positive attitude
· High Level of mechanical aptitude and knowledge, with good skills in troubleshooting and problem solving
· Basic knowledge of Safety, Quality and Material Management Systems and procedures.
· Basic knowledge of food safety, GMP, GHOP, HACCP, SPC
· Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Reno
Nearest Secondary Market: Tahoe
Job Segment: Quality Assurance, Testing, Technology