A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Purpose of Role
The Quality Technician position is designed as a monitoring, auditing, and inspection role that assures compliance to corporate, regulatory, and industry established standards and procedures. This role reports to the site Quality Manager and is a member of the site R&D/QFS team.
· Support the QMP and corporate Q&FS standards implementation at site by working with Site QFS team and Supply to rollout out new standards.
· Carry out internal audits as per the QMP Verification program and maintain corrective/preventative action process for the local site.
· Coordinate inputs for global metrics reporting and compile slides for site leadership reviews for Q&FS/QMP
· Actively participate in quality continuous improvement projects
· Coordinate the daily Product Panel and ensure product and pack standards are available for supply reference.
· May be a SAP key functional user at site.
· Collate documentation necessary for product disposition by QFS mgr
· Coordination of customer and consumer complaints data from supply to close out investigations
· Carry out daily shift conformance review.
· Maintain retention samples for finished products.
· Site document and record controller
· Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Demonstrate a quality culture in actions, words and spirit.
Key Supporting Competencies
· Integrity & trust
· Action Oriented
· Conflict Management
· Managing and measuring work
Critical Functional Competencies
· Effective time management skills
· Internal Auditing
· Good analytical and trouble shooting skills
Key Functional Skills/Knowledge
· Strong oral, listening, and written communication skills in order to communicate with associates across all levels within the company.
· Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to work cross functionally.
· Interact with follow associates in a professional and courteous manner.
· Bachelor’s degree in science related discipline or equivalent manufacturing experience in an equivalent role.
· Effective verbal & written skills.
· Good understanding and command of Microsoft programs Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Preferred experience in SAP and /or NEXUS
· Preferred years of experience 2 years in manufacturing
· Certifications/training- HACCP
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Decatur
Job Segment: Technician, ERP, SAP, Technology