A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Purpose of Role:
The Process Engineer has 24 hour, multiple shift accountability for the process results of a production area including the management of direct reports. The Process Engineer coordinates with Team Leads resource requirements based on production demands, quality, material and cost. The Process Engineer is responsible for driving operational excellence and continuous improvement by establishing work standards and providing coaching and feedback. They have thorough technical understanding and mastery of Manufacturing Reliability Fundamentals and the Factory Mars Operating System (MRF/FMOS) and process control for their lines.
· Develops the Line Master/90-Day Plans to address losses and build capability.
· Leads the Daily Area Value Stream connection point meetings.
· Owns all Daily Management Systems (DMSs) execution and leads the Cleaning – Inspect – Lubricate (CIL) DMS.
· Executes monthly review accountability of Area Master Plans and results. Anticipates change and develops plans to effectively implement changes.
· Develops the Area Loss Analysis.
· Provides on the floor coaching of team leads and team members across all shifts.
· Drives Loss Elimination for their area.
· Provides Skill Development/Technical Mastery/Coaching and Training.
· Makes quick and effective decisions, and accepts responsibility for those decisions and accountability for achieving process results and delivering on commitments.
· Champions MRF activities and objectives for their respective line.
· Ensures proper execution of On the Job Training and operating procedures.
· High School Diploma coupled with five (5)+ years of experience in manufacturing at Mars
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Supply, Business, or technical field of study coupled with one (1)+ years of experience working in a TPM/technical manufacturing environment
· Demonstrated experience in leading change and situational leadership
· Ability to deliver results despite potential change and ambiguity
· Clear ability to relate to and motivate people and effectively train
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, coaching and training skills.
· Ability to work collaboratively with various cross functional partners, including leadership
· Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
· Comfort around manipulating and working with large sets of data in order to tell a story about what the data says
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, coaching and training skills
· Proficient in MS Office
• Master’s degree in Engineering, Supply, MBA, or technical field of study
• Three (3)+ years of experience working in a TPM/technical manufacturing environment
• Proficient in SAP
• Lean manufacturing or six sigma certification
• Project Management experience and/or leading TPM/continuous improvement initiatives
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Allentown
Job Segment: Process Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, ERP, SAP, Engineering, Technology