A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
The Packaging Operator provides Mars Petcare Mattoon with the knowledge and skills to effectively and safely package the converted raw materials to high quality finished product according to Quality standards and production schedule. This is to provide our customers with the proper product at the appropriate destination in a timely and cost effective manner.
1. Performs all of the following duties on a rotational basis in the packaging area of the plant:
Line operation - (big bag, middle bag, pouch, super sack) - run to schedule, do changeovers, troubleshoot lines.
Maintain smooth operation of palletizer
Blending system operation and monitoring
Perform required quality checks and reporting.
Monitor product flow to line
Meet cut-off and tonnes requirements.
Enter work orders into the MIS system as needed and support maintenance on calls.
2. Maintain a clean, safe work environment that promotes associate safety and product integrity.
3. Will actively address food safety and quality concerns
4. Improve operations through individual and group problem solving and provide leadership in solving problems on the floor and in meetings.
5. Promote high quality team environment through effective team work and self management with a positive attitude.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Participate in site JTM’s, Lean Teams and focus groups as appropriate.
· Trains other area associates in operation of lines.
· Other similar duties as assigned.
· Must be able to cover vacations for other packaging associates in this role.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Good basic math, reading and writing skills.
· Good mechanical aptitude.
· High School diploma or equivalent plus 1-2 years experience (manufacturing environment preferred).
· Good housekeeping skills and knowledge of GMP's.
· Basic knowledge of personal computers.
· Good problem solving skills.
· Ability and willingness to develop and manage self, demonstrate self directed workgroup leadership and contribute to efficiency, quality, and cost optimization with minimal supervision.
· Ability to lift 50 lbs.
· Ability to operate forklift in a safe manner.
· Ability to work rotating shifts under stressful conditions such as heat, cold, high and/or confined spaces and have full mobility with ability to climb ladders and stairs.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Decatur