Being a Mars Associate is all about opportunity. The opportunity to do the kind of challenging, interesting work that shapes the world’s best-loved brands. To work with real purpose, supported by talented, friendly people from all sorts of different backgrounds. And to access the tools, training, and experience you need to have a positive impact on our business, on the planet, and, most importantly, on your own career. Being a Mars Associate is more than a job. It’s the opportunity to start your tomorrow, today.
The Operations Manager is directly responsible for leadership of the operations team on site to deliver the daily performance to defined standards of production. Further the Operations Manager is ensuring through planning processes that raws and packs are available on time and finished goods are shipped according to plan to ensure the agreed service levels with the markets.
· As member of Site Leadership Team contribute towards identifying and reviewing the factory CBN and 3 year improvement plan.
· Cascade the 3 year site plan into a 1 year improvement plan for operations with corresponding detailed 90 day plans.
· Drive daily and weekly connection points within the relevant operational meetings (FMOS) in identifying gaps to defined standard performance from 3 year/1 year plan (Safety, Quality, Efficiency, Service, Cost).
· Drive daily/weekly escalations/action plans to get back to standard. Daily direction setting for operations (production, inbound & outbound) in defining the top priorities and follow through of agreed action plans
· Implement and deploy standard planning processes for factory scheduling.
· Implement and deploy standard planning processes to ensure raws and packs availability as well as outbound shipments on time.
· Further enhance and develop the culture of adherence to standard by leading and deploying the MSE FMOS pillar team.
· Embed defined behaviour framework of CBN into daily operations.
· Building capability in operations by providing resources for improvement activities in different pillars. Leadership of the AM and FMOS pillar team
· Is a member of the Food Safety Management team to drive continuous improvement down the relevant site based HACCP Teams.
· Build change management capability and drive change through engaged and empowered associates
· GLM : Responsible for performance, talent processes, engagement and absenteeism of entire operations team including recruiting and developing shift team leaders
Context and Scope
· Collaborate with other Site Leadership Team Members and Pillar Leaders on site and in the region as well as globally and in other segments in implementing the MSE program
· Escalating major deviations to standard performance to the Site Leadership Team and the Plant Director and regional stakeholders
· Prioritisation of operations resources for improvement initiatives (pillar work) and other projects (i.e. CAB)
· Drive a culture that embraces standardized work, x-functional collaboration, problem solving and continuous improvement. Develop and coach leaders, using defined tools and methods driving a “zero loss” mindset.
Education & Professional Qualification
Bachelor’s or Masters Degree in Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain or similar
· Proven track record in Line Management
· Ability to make quality decisions on the fly
Required: Minimum 5 years’ experience in a FMCG (or like) business, minimum 3 years’ experience in People Leadership.
Mars Leadership Competencies
· Drive for Results
· Customer Focus
· Building Effective Teams
· Developing Direct Reports
· Managing Vision and Purpose
· Integrity and Trust
· Written and Communication Skills
· People Management
· Financial / Budgetary Skills
· Planning Skills
· LEAN Principles
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Job Segment: Engineer, Industrial Engineer, Change Management, Engineering, Management