A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Occupational Health Nurse
This role is accountable for influencing health & safety behavior and decision making at the site level for the individual to drive and support a culture of health and well-being.
Responsible to reduce the risk of chronic disease, sickness, and disability to promote a long, healthy, high-quality life and career. But also, ensure compliance to all local, state, federal laws, and corporate guidelines regarding medical and family leaves and accommodations.
What are we looking for?
· Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Nursing, plus RN
· Licensed to practice as a certified OHN
· +3 yrs experience working in the field of occupational health, health protection or promotion programs and partnerships
· Experience providing nursing management of occupational and non-occupational injuries and illnesses.
· COHN or COHN-S (Certified Occupational Health Nurse certification)
· Demonstrated ability to design and implement H&W programs to control workplace health risks.
· Experience leading or supporting office-based and manufacturing chemical, allergen, noise, biohazard, emergency response, travel health, ergonomic, and other risk assessments.
· Clear understanding of OSHA-mandated health surveillance programs and requirements.
· Experience in performing onsite spirometry and audiogram testing
What would be your key responsibilities?
• Liaises with key site partners (EHS, facilities) to support management in identifying, assessing and controlling key health risks in the workplace.
• Provides clinical nursing assessment, nursing diagnosis and management of occupational and non-occupational injuries and illnesses, following current Nursing Guidelines and Medical Directives.
• Provides emergency medical response to designated areas in the facility during clinic hours.
• Management of OSHA and Mars Inc regulated health monitoring programs.
• Serves as a health and well-being resource to all Mars Inc employees who may make contact by phone, clinic presentation, email, attendance at health screenings or any other venue.
• Provides health care education designed to prevent injury and illness by promoting effective management of occupational and non-occupational health issues.
• Maintains and safeguards confidentiality of employee health information and health records as mandated by HIPPA and Mars Inc Policy. The role requires current knowledge of a changing regulatory environment including OSHA regulations and Mars Inc requirements, US and state labor laws.
What can you expect from Mars?
· Our associates build their careers by working with our amazing brands and people, taking pride in their work today that will ensure a better tomorrow.
· An industry competitive compensation package including generous benefits
· An environment where all Associates feel valued, supported and comfortable being themselves at work.
· Commitment to our consumers and focus on positively impacting the planet and the population.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Job Segment: Chemical Research, Engineering