Description de l'offre
A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Maintenance Technician (Rotating Shift)
Reports to: Technical Manager
Hours of work: Shift work, rotating, 12 hours a day– Continental Shift
***Sign-on bonus available upon acceptance of offer***
The Industrial Maintenance Associate is responsible for the efficient, safe and reliable operating condition of complex process and high-speed food processing equipment (70% mechanical, 30% electrical). This candidate must be multi-crafted (mechanical/electrical) and mainly focused on providing equipment troubleshooting and breakdown maintenance. As troubleshooting requirements are accomplished, the ticketed Industrial Maintenance Associate will change focus toward preventive maintenance activities as assigned through planned work orders. They must systematically repair, adjust and maintain processing, filling, conveying, packaging machinery and Utilities such as Biofilters, Boiler, Air Compressors, and Waste water treatment plant as assigned using established maintenance reliability practices, consistent observation, repair, and follow-up of operational effectiveness.
· Maintain, troubleshoot electromechanical equipment to include but not limited to:
· Grinding tower
· Extrusion Tower
· Pressurized fluid systems
· Raw product material handling
· Mixers and vessels
· Dryers with gas burners
· Coating system
· Dry product handling and conveying systems
· Flexible filling and sealing equipment
· Packaging printing, labeling, and conveying systems
· Case packers and palletizing equipment
· Apply mechanical and electrical knowledge to eliminate production problems and improve efficiency and reliability
· Apply predictive maintenance technologies and condition based monitoring to equipment(oil analysis, vibration analysis, motor circuit analysis)
· Participation in continuous improvement activities
· Perform Root Cause Failure Analysis on major unplanned breakdowns and recurring problems
· Provide design input and maintenance support to engineering on major project concept, implementation, commission, validation and start-up
· Perform Boiler, Transformers, Electricity & Electronic devices, Gas systems and Compressor operative tasks
· This position and all site associates are responsible for quality and food safety
· Standing on a concrete floor, extensive walking
· Frequent climbing of stairs
· Wearing proper personal protective equipment (safety glasses, hair net, bump cap, ear plugs, safety shoes, and uniform)
· Bending, stooping, twist, turn, standing for extended time periods, reaching, climbing stairs, and lifting
· Must be able to adapt to temperature and tolerate environmental extremes such as hot to cold, working in hot conditions, dust, dirt and chemicals
· Be 18 years of age or older
· Have a valid Ontario Certificate of Qualification for an Industrial Millwright
· Must be willing and able to work and accept varying shifts and schedules
· Ability to understand and effectively communicate in the English language
· 5+ years’ experience maintaining mechanical systems on complex process and/or high-speed production equipment.
· Demonstrable capability of experience troubleshooting, testing, and repairing instrumentation devices.
· Experience with mechanical maintenance
· 3+ years of manufacturing experience operating a variety of machines
· 2 years of work experience within manufacturing, or a technical and/or trade discipline
· Knowledge of safety regulations (electricity, gas, steam and compressed air distribution networks and applications)
· Demonstrated competency in computer and pc software including MS Office and email
· Knowledge of electrical systems including single and 3-phase controls and distribution systems 600 Volts AC and less.
· Maintain, and troubleshoot AC and DC variable speed and servo controls in processing, filling, thermal processing, and packaging systems.
· Ability to maintain, troubleshoot, and modify close-tolerance mechanical systems, mechanically-timed equipment, hydraulic and pneumatic controlled and powered systems and components.
· Can interpret Blueprints, and repair using mechanical forming equipment and MIG, TIG and Stick welding skills.
· Management of area assets, equipment maintenance schedules, improvement projects, downtime personnel and resources, and equipment historical data.
· Hydraulic and pneumatic control and powered systems
· Thermal processing instruments and controls
· Welding experience
· Proper use of hand and power tools
· Operate electronic test equipment (multi-meter, meg-ohm meter, amp probe, oscilloscope, power analyzer)
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Job Segment: Hydraulics, Technician, Engineer, Electrical, Instrumentation, Engineering, Technology