A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
Mars has net sales of more than $33 billion, operates six business segments including Petcare, Chocolate, Wrigley, Food, Drinks, Symbioscience, and more than 75,000 Associates worldwide that are putting its Principles into action to make a difference for people and the planet through its performance.
Mars brands include: Petcare – PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, BANFIELD® Pet Hospital, CESAR®, SHEBA®, DREAMIES® and NUTRO®; Chocolate – M&M'S®, SNICKERS®, DOVE®, GALAXY®, MARS®, MILKY WAY® and TWIX®; Wrigley – DOUBLEMINT®, EXTRA®, ORBIT® and 5™ chewing gums, SKITTLES® and STARBURST® candies, and ALTOIDS® AND LIFESAVERS® mints. Food – UNCLE BEN'S®, DOLMIO®, EBLY®, MASTERFOODS®, SEEDS OF CHANGE® and ROYCO®; Drinks – ALTERRA COFFEE ROASTERS™, THE BRIGHT TEA COMPANY™, KLIX® and FLAVIA®; Symbioscience – COCOAVIA® and WISDOM PANEL®.
What’s this role like?
As a Machine Operator, you’ll discover how our Five Principles - particularly Quality and Efficiency - make our factories as strong as possible. You’ll play a big part in getting our brands to our consumers, using your great attention to detail to make sure all our operations are up to standard. Working closely with other Associates in the factory, you’ll help them understand key priorities and be part of our incredible Supply Chain team.
What are we looking for?
- A can-do attitude and good knowledge of manufacturing, operating and safety guidelines
- A person who genuinely loves working in a team and can take initiative
- Someone who loves being active in their job - sitting at a desk all day isn’t for you
- Safety focused mindset for yourself and others
What can you expect from Mars?
- Chance to work on well-known brands
- An industry-competitive starting salary of $17.98 per hour, and benefits package
- The opportunity to learn, develop and grow your career at Mars
• 401(k) matching
• Dental insurance
• Disability insurance
• Employee discount
• Flexible spending account
• Health insurance
• Life insurance
• Paid Parental leave
• Referral program
• Tuition reimbursement
• Vision insurance
• 120 paid vacation hours per year, 40 paid sick hours per year and 88 paid holiday hours per year on January 1st, prorated from date of hire
1. To perform quality checks - how it smells and looks, the packaging, codes, seal burst strength.
2. To ensure that various packaging supplies are available for immediate usage.
3. When testing, to make cutoffs, hand stack cases, pull product samples for use in the library, cutting and for analytical testing.
4. Assure that the product is correctly sealed according to specifications.
5. Assure that all product specifications and Best Practices are met.
6. Assure the quality of the packaging.
7. Participate in testing/start-up issues related to projects
8. Assure that the sanitation levels for the area are properly maintained.
9. Troubleshoot equipment to assure its proper operation. Enter planned/unplanned work orders into the MIS systems.
10. Perform assigned preventative maintenance on all equipment every other week.
11. Investigate and implement ways to minimize waste in the area.
12. Participate with the team to utilize a formal process of reviewing line performance, share action plans and make resource requests to improve line performance.
13. Help insure that new associates in the area receive proper skills and safety training.
14. Able to complete all tasks in the area abiding by Mars Safety Practices.
15. Able to complete all tasks in the area as assigned by manager abiding by the Quality Practices and Mars Safety Practices.
16. Can perform the essential functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation.
17. Must be able to adapt to temperature and environmental extremes such as hot and cold, dust, dirt and chemicals.
18. Every associate at Mars has responsibility for the achievement of quality and food safety.
Mission Critical Competences:
1. Be able to multitask effectively
2. Excellent forklift driving skills
3. Strong verbal communication and team working skills
4. Equipment troubleshooting skills
5. Accurate addition, subtraction, multiplication and division skills
6. Ability to use hand tools
7. Able to disassemble and assemble equipment properly for cleaning and maintenance
8. Basic knowledge of the entire process flow of the factory
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Columbus