A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Location/Site: Ft. Smith, AR
Shift schedule: 7 AM- 3:30 PM Monday- Friday
· Maintain replenishment orders of materials through an MRP and declining balance sheet to support factory operations
· Understands SAP functionality in relation to Logistics functions.
· Understands Red Prairie functionality in relation to Logistics functions.
· Responsible for ensuring that all associates are scanning inventory from location to location.
· Manage all inventories to ensure appropriate safety stocks are maintained and meet production needs.
· Work with commercial inbound on supply issues and replenishment to Americold.
· Review projected production demand and advise commercial inbound of significant changes
· Influence in conjunction with other functional areas resolution of short supply situations, rejection of materials, product allocation processes, and hold processes as an advocate for plant production.
· Cycle count inventory of all raw ingredients as defined by financial compliance regulations.
· Reconcile inventory discrepancies within Inventory management systems and have the transactions signed off on by the line manager where applicable.
· Investigate and determine correct transaction activity and system(s) required to reverse errors and/or correct inventory through cycle counts
· Coordinate the resolution of potential short inventories between Commercial team, Vendors, and carriers as needed.
· Keep records and control of holds inventory and is responsible for moving inventory into “holds” warehouse within SAP/Red Prairie programs.
· Functional ability to work within Nexus to create Non-Cons, S-CAPAs and Waivers as necessary for commodity issues.
· Serve as a resource with Bill of Lading/PO problems.
· Serve as a resource for SAP/Red Prairie Systems
· This position and all site associates are responsible for quality and food safety
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
Knowledge & Experience:
· Knowledge of manufacturing inventory systems (*SAP/Red Prairie/ Declining Balance).
· Knowledge of Financial Compliance and Documentation.
· Knowledge of Supply Chain Management
· Must have a basic working knowledge FIFO/FEFO procedures
· Food manufacturing experience and knowledge of food safety
· Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Fort Smith
Job Segment: ERP, SAP, Technology