A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
We are looking for a Laboratory Analyst for our Royal Canin plant, located in Virrey del Pino.
What would be your key responsibilities?
- Perform analysis of raw materials and finished products using reference methods.
- Collaborate with the administration of the laboratory
- Work on continuous improvement by monitoring control plans
- Ensure the quality of raw materials and finished products through the reliability of the analysis results
- Perform baseline analysis for raw materials and / or finished products.
- Advanced domain of analytical instruments: liquid chromatography (HPLC) and gas (GC) among others.
- To comply with the analysis methodologies for which they were validated in the Upgrade Lab.
- Implement the latest versions of the methods of analysis and / or PCOS of the laboratory.
- Preparation of samples for analysis in external laboratories. Periodic shipments of sample boxes abroad (Canada, USA, France or others).
- Analysis of samples according to categories of chemical Ring test (according to analyst validation process), Sampling plan of raw materials, Monitoring plan of finished product, confirmation of rejections of both raw material and finished product, Claims of finished product, Supplier Prospection of raw materials, Focus, R&D, etc). Proeficiency Test: perform the analyzes, report the results, Verification of the NC. Action plans and follow-ups.
- Review of microbiological results associated with a particular request for analysis according to the category specified in each case.
- Data load analysis of external laboratories and review of results.
- Maintenance of laboratory order
- Annual Maintenance Plan and equipment calibrations / Ratings. Basic maintenance of analytical instruments.
- Drafting and review of Procedures and records according to the Mars Standard. Keep records updated.
- Use Sapphire system (LIMS) as a sample management tool, analysis to be performed, report results and evaluation results according to current specifications. Use of the Vital system for the management of claims samples.
- Sedronar. Stock tracking and form loading
- Management and purchase of supplies and laboratory equipment. Load of the PO's, Budget tracking and payment to suppliers. Develop new suppliers, negotiate budgets, deliveries, etc.
What are we looking for?
- Chemical Technician Degree or University Professional
- Solid knowledge in laboratory techniques.
- Management of the English language (reading-comprehension and conversation).
- Management of computer equipment / systems involved in the analysis to be performed.
- Management of safety standards for the handling of materials / reagents / solvents / wastes involved in laboratory analysis (Knowledge of safety sheets).
What can you expect from Mars?
· Medic Health
· Health Insurance
· Dinning room
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Job Segment: Chemical Research, Engineering