A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Global Information Risk Analyst
The role of Global Information Risk Analyst is to analyze data to understand threats, vulnerabilities, and potential technology risk to the organization. This role with help to facilitate the Issue Management process for the organization and track remediation activities to completion.
What we are looking for?
· This position is ideal for someone who has previously worked in professional services or other service based industry. The ideal candidate will have:
· Bachelor’s Degree in IT/Computer Science/Information Systems/MIS or similar field or equivalent work experience.
· 1+ years of experience in Information Technology, Information Security, Risk Management, or IT Audit.
· Hands-on experience performing risk analysis, technology audits, and/or issue and finding remediation activities.
· Familiarity with risk management processes including issue management, policy management, and risk management.
· An understanding of business process and information technology / risk management terminology
· Strong organizational skills be responsive and detail oriented.
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal and be aware of the importance of updating interested parties efficiently and effectively
· A self-starter attitude, being able to manage a changing workload
· Ability to work under pressure and able to calmly prioritize conflicting demands
· Attention to detail and able to manage data accurately
What would be your key responsibilities?
· Support Issue Management process for the organization.
· Analyzes and identifies areas of improvement within internal processes.
· Assist senior level analysts in various types of risk assessments.
· Partner and collaborate with internal Digital Technology and Information Security teams.
· Support reporting capability as it relates to Risk Management activities.
· Utilize Global GRC tool for tracking issues and action plans.
· Coordinate remediation and mitigation efforts with stakeholders to drive completion of action items.
· Support user acceptance testing for the Global GRC tool.
· Adheres to proper handling of personal, sensitive, and/or confidential data per security policies and standards.
What can you expect from Mars?
· The opportunity to learn, develop and take charge of your own career.
· An industry competitive compensation package including generous benefits
· Commitment to our Purpose and our Five Principles.
· An environment where all Associates feel valued, supported and comfortable being themselves at work.
· The opportunity to work cross functionally, add value and impact a better world for generations to come.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Risk Management, Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Security, Finance, Technology