External Manufacturer Buyer
External Manufacturer BuyerA mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
Mars has net sales of more than $33 billion, operates six business segments including Petcare, Chocolate, Wrigley, Food, Drinks, Symbioscience, and more than 75,000 Associates worldwide that are putting its Principles into action to make a difference for people and the planet through its performance.
Mars brands include: Petcare – PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, BANFIELD® Pet Hospital, CESAR®, SHEBA®, DREAMIES® and NUTRO®; Chocolate – M&M’S®, SNICKERS®, DOVE®, GALAXY®, MARS®, MILKY WAY® and TWIX®; Wrigley – DOUBLEMINT®, EXTRA®, ORBIT® and 5™ chewing gums, SKITTLES® and STARBURST® candies, and ALTOIDS® AND LIFESAVERS® mints. Food – UNCLE BEN’S®, DOLMIO®, EBLY®, MASTERFOODS®, SEEDS OF CHANGE® and ROYCO®; Drinks – ALTERRA COFFEE ROASTERS™, THE BRIGHT TEA COMPANY™, KLIX® and FLAVIA®; Symbioscience – COCOAVIA® and WISDOM PANEL®.
External Manufacturers and Promotional items (PREMIA)
Mars Petcare / Royal Canin/Commercial
The job holder defines the sourcing strategy in collaboration with regions and other Mars units,
He/She manages suppliers to have the right quality, right quantity, at the right place at the best price in compliance with Mars Quality Standards.
The person coordinates and improves purchasing activities in regions with clear focus and governance on development process and supplier capabilities assessment.
· Define and deploy sourcing strategy in collaboration with regions and other Mars Units:
- Collect datas on current suppliers and spends in regions
- Evaluate regions’ supplier’s capabilities and embed the ones that can fit in with our quality/development requirements
- Benchmark with Mars other entities and leverage suppliers when suitable
- Define our strategy using these information involving key stakeholders
- Coordinate these strategy deployments with suppliers and regions
· For Key Accounts Suppliers:
- Implement a strong partnership to continuously improve quality and sustainability
- Manage continuous improvement using relevant KPI’s
- Manage Do it Best (savings) initiatives
- Contribute to new product development with current suppliers but also with new suppliers (prospection)
· With regional Packaging Purchasers for local Suppliers :
- Define and deploy ways of working (standards) to regions: frame work for supply agreement, negotiations, service rate monitoring, KPI’s …
- Define and deploy development process including supplier capabilities assessment and Governance
· Maintain and improve relationship with internal customers and interfaces :
Marketing, QFS, Regions, Regulatory, Finance and Mars Commercials community
Education & Professional Qualification:
Engineering or Commercial level (BAC+5)
Min 3 years’ experience
Purchasing Negotiation knowledge
Material and manufacturing Technology knowledge is key for co-manufacturer management
Quality, innovation, sustainability background
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.