A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Digital Controllership Business Translator,
Salary: £48,000 - £72,000 + benefits
At Mars we believe the world we want tomorrow starts with how we do business today. Our bold ambitions must be matched with actions today from our 130,000 Associates in 80 countries around the world, providing our World-renowned brands across Mars Wrigley, Mars PetCare and Mars Food, including M&M’S®, SNICKERS®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN® and DOLMIO®.
The Digital Controllership Business Translator will be responsible for partnering with key senior business stakeholders from all levels of controllership to understand, articulate and refine business requirements into actionable scope. A successful candidate will leverage their strong relationship management skillset and understanding of finance, data, and analytics, to coach their audience into adopting UX, design thinking methods and solve business problems through data-driven solutions.
What are we looking for?
· Excellent knowledge of new and emerging technologies e.g. data management, AI, automation, predictive/prescriptive analytics.
· Good knowledge of data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI for delivering solutions to improve decision making and productivity.
· Functional experience working with data from ERP systems.
· Experience working with stakeholders from FPA, Controllership, Accounting would be an advantage.
· Excellent knowledge of digital and agile methods – e.g. User Experience, Design Thinking, SCRUM, KANBAN.
· Comfortable working directly with senior leaders, partnering with autonomy to understand user needs and translate them into understandable and actionable
What would be your key responsibilities?
· Lead stakeholders through UX or design thinking workshops taking participants on a journey of identifying business problems, ideating and prioritizing effectively to solve the right problems.
· Be accountable for problem solving across controllership, embedding a digital products and mindset across all levels of Controllership. As a change catalyst, inspire associates to take perspective on agile delivery methods advocating a Digital mindset to launch MVPs and seek out incremental value upfront.
· Work closely with data engineering, data science, scrum masters, project managers to successfully partner with business leads (product owners) to unlock exciting opportunities for Finance and solve them with advanced technologies.
· Consolidate ideas into viable, desirable, feasible options and set context well. Take recommendations and present back to stakeholders proposing scenarios which enable them to make informed decisions to progress.
What can you expect from Mars?
· An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including excellent pension.
· A company that understands the importance of a work-life balance.
· The chance to take hold of your own career, and develop personally and professionally.
Closing date: 4th February 2021
To open up a dialogue, please click on the APPLY button below. We look forward to hearing from you!
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Job Segment: Engineer, ERP, Data Management, Relationship Manager, User Experience, Engineering, Technology, Data, Customer Service