This role can be located in either Mt. Olive, NJ or Chicago, IL
Creating a culture of data-driven decisions will be at the heart of everything you do. That means helping everyone in the business to ask better questions, so we can find better answers. A successful Mars Business Translator needs to fully understand Mars and the work we do. Then armed with this knowledge and their relationship with the Mars Decision Science team, together they’ll unearth key insights to solve business problems that ultimately contribute to profitability.
Working in a small multidisciplinary team alongside the Global Analytics, Data and AI teams, you’ll partner with Product Owners to solve problems that real users face using advanced digital techniques. That also means closely collaborating with users from our segments and markets around the world to find the right problems to solve. Building on that, you’ll use this direct user exposure to invent true ‘firsts’. That’s new and emerging approaches that Mars, and maybe even the industry, haven’t seen before.
Immersing yourself in the problems key business stakeholders face and providing business context to the Decision Science team, you’ll come up with hypotheses to test. Then as new information, insights and feedback are generated, you’ll refine and build on your hypothesis.
What you’ll need
· Minimum of 3 years of experience preferred in an Insights role or equivalent, ideally in CPG, Telecom or Financial services
· The ability to tell a story using data from primary, secondary and third-party data sources
· Experience working in a matrix environment where creating collaboration and influence are required for generating results
· Comfort and good intuition around modelling techniques and advanced applied skills (e.g. Regression, Customer life cycle value, A/B testing)
· Knowledge of CPG and Retailer, including experience with syndicated data sources like Nielsen/ IRI and Shopper card
· Working knowledge of data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, to deliver output to the broader business community to improve decision making and productivity
· Excellent written, oral, presentation, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field, with an advanced degree preferred
This is an exciting time at Mars. We’re using digital, data and user insights to transform our business by finding answers to problems that we’ve often never asked ourselves before. From joining the dots to improve our Petcare data ecosystem, to streamlining the efficiency and automation of our supply chain and quality operations, we’re already seeing some brilliant results. In fact, we’ve built so much momentum that we’re now looking for industry leaders in Business Translation, Data Science and Data Engineering with different and complementary skills to influence how we operate and grow beyond anything we’ve achieved before. Join us, and discover a company set up to develop your capabilities and ambitions and a group of colleagues ready to support and inspire you. Working together, we’ll create a better world for our planet, our communities and our pets.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: New Jersey
Job Segment: Telecom, Telecommunications, Engineer, Technology, Engineering