A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Customer Supply Analyst – Franklin, TN
The Customer Supply Analyst is responsible for providing detailed and complex analyses of data from various sources to deliver continuous improvement in Mars Petcare and customer specific service metrics. In addition, this role is the primary liaison between the customer and Mars Petcare internal supply function and is expected to develop collaborative supply solutions through a strong analytical understanding of inventory, transportation, warehouse management, and continuous improvement practices.
The purpose of this role is to leverage data analysis to provide recommendations and solutions to drive best in class service for Mars Petcare customers. This role is expected to make critical decisions and recommendations impacting both the customer and Mars Petcare finished goods inventory. The individual must balance maximizing in-stock goals while minimizing inventory levels. Influencing the customer, our account teams, and our internal supply teams is critical to the effectiveness of the role.
What are we looking for?
· BA/BS in supply chain, logistics, business administration or mathematics
· 1-3 yrs of business experience in supply and/or supply chain operations
What would be your key responsibilities?
· Leads reporting and analysis of order and shipment data for the Customer Supply team to measure customer level trends, identify customer specific opportunities and to assist with resolution of issues
· Partners with Sales Business Analysts and Supply Planning CPFRs to drive alignment on forecast and promotional opportunities
· Provides functional expertise & knowledge of SAP to provide proficient order management
· Manages the supply chain interdependencies and is the liaison between Sales, Demand Planning, Customer Supply, Inventory Management, Supply Planning and the Customer
· Leads customer impact analysis and resolution during periods of supply constraints
· Recognize and reconcile any potential order conflicts such as deliver/shipping delays, pricing errors, promotional allowances, and out of stock situations to ensure customer orders will deliver on time and complete
· Serve as point person for operation execution of all reset changes
· Leads cost savings initiatives such as freight to customer savings analysis and recommendations
· Participate in both internal and external cross functional teams to identify and analyze root cause and ensure resolution plans are executed as agreed to drive supply chain excellence
· Develops, analyzes and communicates relevant reports as required for daily business needs of the customer supply team
· Ability to adjust, adapt, respond to, and be resourceful in the face of change to deliver business objectives
· Ability to travel around 10% of time for meetings and training
What can you expect from Mars?
· The opportunity to learn, develop and take charge of your own career.
· An industry competitive compensation package including generous benefits
· Commitment to our Purpose and our Five Principles.
· An environment where all Associates feel valued, supported and comfortable being themselves at work.
· The opportunity to work cross functionally, add value and impact a better world for generations to come.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Nashville
Job Segment: ERP, SAP, Data Analyst, Technology, Data