A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
The Associate Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative support with
overseeing the scheduling/timekeeping and training processes of M&M’S World. This
role creates schedules, identify staffing issues and tracks training development plans for
teams and individuals. In addition this role help support the recruiting, and onboarding
for new associates.
M&M’s BRAND AMBASSADOR and PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE:
• Become knowledgeable of the M&M’s Brand and the store products designed to
delight our guests.
• Display a “Guest comes first” attitude by prioritizing Guest Experience.
• Acts as a positive role model for others by demonstrating passion and enthusiasm.
• Responsible for developing associate’s schedules that will provide effective
customer service and operational coverage for the store.
• Ensures schedules are done on time to help ensure a healthy work life balance.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR BUSINESS RESULTS:
• Actively works towards hitting store KPIs but ensuring the right people in the right
place at the right time
• Schedule, Coordinate and occasional Contribute to the success of the store by
driving business metrics.
• Partner with Loss Prevention on any inaccuracy’s or discrepancies.
• Drive execution of the company’s internal and external theft and fraud strategy.
• facilitation of all training material and programs.
FRIENDSHIP and COLLABORATION:
• Co-coordinates with recruitment and onboarding processes.
• Partners with department leads to make recommendations for changes to core program course design and identifies gaps within the training programs.
PUNCTUALITY and INTEGRITY:
• Exemplifies The Five Principles and Associate Concept.
• Helps support in training of associate.
• Supportive of management decisions prevents triangulation and encourages conversations.
INITIATIVE and JUDGEMENT:
• Verify all hours worked for payroll processing and audit punches when necessary
• Other duties as assigned by the management team
This role will be responsible for coordinating the execution of all learning programs and creating weekly schedules for M&M'S World Associates. They will be expected to be a subject matter expert of all functions of Kronos and to cascade all new ways of working to management team.
Education & Professional Qualifications
College Degree preferred or equivalent
• Minimum 2 years’ experience coordinating associates schedules and training.
Knowledge / Experience
• HR coordinator experience
• Kronos or Timekeeping system
• Retail experience a plus
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to organize and multi-task multiple projects, workshop activities and particularly administrative
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Job Segment: Payroll, Retail Sales, Administrative Assistant, Brand Ambassador, Finance, Retail, Administrative, Marketing