Marriott International is the world's leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you'll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.™
The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina Peaceful retreat settled on Jumeirah Beach, the resort offers the perfect destination for the entire family to unwind and recharge with a breath-taking array of recreation activities, and close proximity to major Dubai local attractions. Featuring exceptional views over the Arabian Gulf, our impressive neoclassical architecture fills our five-star luxury beach resort in Dubai with charm and inspiration.
BABA , by offering both the traditional cuts of meat you would expect, and dishes cooked on our original Turkish grill, will not be your usual steakhouse. With an elegant yet cozy interior, a stunning terrace with an outdoor bar, a fully open kitchen and chef's table, BABA will allow you to share dinner with your family, friends and colleagues in a modern lounge atmosphere created by curated music, bespoke cocktails and amazing food cooked by our Turkish Chefs.
Job responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
· Total knowledge & understanding of Food Preparation Standard & Procedure.
· Take part in the setting and evolving the standards and procedures
· Responsible for hygiene standards with the Steward Coordinators, in all kitchens, store room, refrigerators and work areas.
· Responsible for the personal hygiene and grooming standards of the kitchen staff.
· To work closely with the chef de cuisine on the development of food cost and quality control procedures.
· To ensure that these control procedures are carried out consistently
· Assist with the costing and pricing of menus and other food services having taken into consideration the profit margins lined out in the hotel budgets.
· Make sure that all the Equipment and fixtures are maintained well and reports any faults and damage.
· Be familiar with H.A.C.C.P and other municipality's procedure and requirement, to carries out proper training and control of H.A.C.C.P procedures.
· Responsible for the quality of all food prepared in the kitchen he supervises.
· He constantly inspects taste, temperature and visual appeal. He makes sure that all dishes are uniform and that established portion sizes are adhered to.
· Develop and test new dishes and products
· To examine goods for quality and quantity.
· Controls with the Chefs that the Cooks follow standard recipes and methods of preparation
· Handle and store stock according to stock control procedures.
· To be responsible for the daily market lists and purchasing for his/her outlet with the conjunction of the Purchasing Manager; he assures the best quality for the best price.
· Make sure that the quality of the product received and the production are then extreme freshness and up to standard of the restaurant requirement.
· Be aware of duty of care, and adhere to occupational health and safety legislation, policies and procedures.
· Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisor's managers of potential hazards and dangers.
· Manage staff training and development up to the chef de cuisine standard.
· Deal effectively with guests and workplace colleagues from a variety cultures.
Ideal candidate profile
To move into this position you should have
· Minimum 2 years' experience as chef de partie and total of 5 years' experience
· In depth knowledge and experience in Turkish Cold Mezze, Kebab, Pide and Lahmacun.
· 5 star hotels experience is a must.
· Knowledge in multi food style operations with live cooking counters (Grill and Mezze).
· Culinary /Hospitality Graduate or equivalent qualification or equivalent hands on experience in high end restaurants/ hotels.
· Good command of the English Language.
· Preference for candidates who have HACCP certified.
· Must have experience in a busy operations with a large brigade of chefs with multi-culture.
· A good interaction skill with guest.
· Flexible to work Split shifts, straight shifts, indoor/ outdoor, however successful candidates may be required to work additional hours to meet the demand of our business and the clients
· Confident, outgoing, creative and quality focused.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.