Description de l'offre
Dubai is a cosmopolitan city built on irrepressible ambition and unsurpassed luxury. Home to the world’s tallest building, the largest shopping mall, the iconic Palm Jumeirah and now the landmark JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, it is a place for those who seek the best the world has to offer.
The Marquis brand is a quality standard for the finest properties in the Marriott portfolio, synonymous with intuitive service and refined taste. The JW Marriott Marquis Dubai has instantly gained status as one of the region’s most compelling destinations, offering service and facilities that have been carefully crafted around the expectations of the world’s most discerning travelers.
Comprising two iconic towers, the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai stands elevated above Dubai’s Business Bay on Sheikh Zayed Road, the heart of one of the most desirable locations in the city.
The hotel features elegantly conceived accommodation, outstanding event and business facilities, a collection of 14 stylish bars and restaurants and the haven of health and relaxation that is Saray Spa and Health Club. A marriage of rich and colorful cultural inspirations and design finesse makes it a destination with distinctive character and ambience.
Ensuring the Spa & club is clean and tidy at all times with enough guests supplies. Be responsible for daily sales and guests needs i.e. locker keys, towel and bookings. Help receptionists and therapists escort, pick up and take care the guests at welcome area, lockers, facilities rooms and treatment rooms and all spa areas including answer the phone at spa counter. Frequently check with guest to promote comfort, safety and security throughout service. Promote, sell spa services and retail. Clean and maintain spa counters, spa kiosk in the lobby, spa display at executive lounge and receptionist area. Secure supplies and equipment at the end of each shift. Handle inappropriate guest behavior by following Marriott International standard operating procedures. Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager. Speak with others using clear and professional language. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors, Spa Assistant Manager and Spa Manager
· Minimum 2years of experience in hospitality industry preferable in spa field
Skills and Knowledge
· Good oral and written communication skills in English
· Able to get on well with people from many different backgrounds
· Able to work under pressure at times
· Ability to be versatile
· Able to do shift work
· Well presented
· Clear speech
· Must be able to do hard physical work
· Good general health
· Ability to carry weights
· Self-motivated - able to work on their own
· Basic Health and Fitness Knowledge
· Basic knowledge of Exercise executions
· Basic Knowledge in Aerobics
· Ability to operate and maintain Exercise Machines and equipment’s
· Ability to Swim is an advantage
Education or Certification
· Min. 21 years of age
· Basic Schooling
· To have worked in hotels before
· Basic computer skills will be great
· To ensure that you are always courteous and friendly to guests, attentive to their needs, handle problems in a professional manner and are conscious of the importance of safety.
· To welcome prospective members in a professional and courteous manner, providing them with a full explanation of the gym’s facilities, equipment, services and to promote and sell memberships.
· To promote & sell nutritional products and maximizing revenue.
· To be responsible for the cleanliness and hygiene of all areas of club as laid down in the ‘Daily Cleaning Schedule’ to include:
* The daily pre-opening / closing cleaning maintenance program.
* Daily routine cleaning maintenance checklist.
· To liaise with the Spa & Recreation Manager/supervisor in the daily maintenance of the Spa Pools, Plunge Pool, Sauna’s and Steam rooms.
· To inform the Recreation Supervisor on a daily basis of any faults, defects or maintenance requirements.
· To ensure the careful handling of all cleaning materials, chemicals and machinery and to follow the necessary safety precautions to safeguard the risk of injury to oneself and to guests.
· To maintain and to take care of all cleaning equipment, and to keep an inventory of all cleaning materials and stocks.
· To be responsible during busy periods, in the event of staff sickness or at the request of the Recreation Supervisor to assist the pool lifeguards in the daily operation and cleaning of the swimming pool facilities and surrounding area.
· To attend all Recreation & spa staff meetings and training sessions as scheduled by the Spa & Recreation Manager/Supervisor.
· To carry out duties allocated by the Cleaning supervisor
· To cover Pool attendant duties and responsibility, when needed.
· Assist children in Pool activity, swimming and games, in special events like Birthday Party at the pool.
· Clean club in all areas as required by management
· Keep pool deck and change rooms clean and tidy during day.
· Enforcing all club rules and ensuring a safe environment for all guests using the club facilities.
· Checking pool chemical twice daily and monitoring the results in spa area
· Report any chemical imbalance or maintenance issues to engineering
· To be aware of Health and safety regulations and all rules & regulations
· Work in reception as cover.
· Assist members and guest in Basic exercise executions.
· Obtain necessary certificate and safety trainings. To provide first aid treatment in the event of any accident or injury to a guest or Club member.
· To carry out duties allocated by the Head Fitness Trainer
· Any other relevant task
Safety and Security
· Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
· Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
· Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
Policies and Procedures
· Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
· Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
· Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
· Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
· Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
· Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
· Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
· Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
· Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
· Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
· Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
· Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
· Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
· Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
· Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
· Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
· Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
· Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
· Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Working with Others
· Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
· Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
· Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
· Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
· Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
· Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
· Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.