Description de l'offre
At Sheraton Warsaw, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we've got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it's not just a room with a bed that they're buying. It's an experience. We're looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do.
Government Relations Manager must biuld and maintain positive, trust- based relationships focus in the government vertical. The main tasks will include i.a.: using sales techniques that maximize revenue while maintaining existing guest loyalty to hotel under the company's Sheraton brand; recognizing opportunities to up-sell the customer and sell enhancements to create a better hotel experience or event; participating and representing the brand at variuos industry events; entering, retrieving, reconciling, and verifing information (e.g. commissions, leads, third parties) in software involved in the sales process; answering guest questions about property facilities/services (e.g., hours of operation, rates and room types, packages, promotions, entertainment, restaurants, special events). Serve as the point of contact for clients and communicate with them by phone and email to respond to questions and requests.
· 2+ years relevant business development and/or account management experience preferably in a hotel or hospitality environment
· proven track records of managing contract processes with government customers
· self-motivated and able to thrive in a results-driven environment
· excellent verbal & written communication skills both in Polish and English languages
· experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
· outstanding communication and developed presentation skills
· ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects under deadline pressure
· strong ability to persuade, motivate, and influence others
· strong knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), Opera knowledge will be an asset.
· full-time employment contract
· expand and develop your talent in the world's leading global hospitality company within Poland and abroad
· opportunity to elevate your day-to-day to an adventure, a journey to tomorrow
· dynamic, inspiring and highly international working environment
· benefits package: comprehensive health care package, Multisport card, free meals in staff restaurant, life insurance, generous hotel and food discounts at thousands of our global properties and other
· opportunity to engage in Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives
· friendly work atmosphere.
IF THIS OPPORTUNITY SOUNDS LIKE YOU, APPLY TODAY!
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.