At Le Méridien, we believe in helping guests unlock the unexpected and engaging experiences each destination has to offer. Our guests are curious and creative, cosmopolitan, culture seekers that appreciate sophisticated, timeless service. We provide original, chic and memorable service and experiences that inspire guests to unlock the destination. We're looking for curious, creative and well-informed people to join our team. If you appreciate connecting with like-minded guests and have a deep desire to create unexpected experiences, we invite you to explore career opportunities with Le Méridien.
Ideal candidate profile
Negotiates with suppliers and verifies and authorizes purchase requisitions and purchase orders. Advises other departments on purchasing procedures and maintains full and up-to-date information regarding store inventory.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in procurement, purchasing, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 1 year experience in procurement, purchasing or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Supplier and Vendor Relations
• Negotiates with selected suppliers and obtains quotations.
• Coordinates and arranges site visits with contractors and end-users for obtaining necessary quotations.
• Keeps close and frequent contact with suppliers to maintain up-to-date market and product information
• Identifies and selects reliable and regular suppliers for daily food and beverage purchasing based on regular quotations.
• Attends and participates in food tasting panel for food and beverage evaluation and vendor selection.
• Prepares and negotiates contracts with selected suppliers
• Attends exhibitions/seminars for sourcing new suppliers and products with better price-performance.
• Persuades suppliers to offer or extend rebate program.
Managing Procurement Activities
• Verifies and authorizes procurement orders
• Places orders and expedites deliveries
• Prepares tender invitations and executes tender openings for selected items and compares tenders for procurement decisions
• Sources alternative products with competitive prices, while striving to maintain better or comparable quality, standards and services.
• Prepares and submits monthly cost saving report to Director of Finance
• Explores opportunities for green procurement and actively participates in the recycling program.
• Provides suggestions to other departments to achieve cost savings while still fulfilling their requirements.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.