Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Ideal candidate profile
The Manager, Field Marketing & eCommerce Reporting & Analysis will be tasked with supporting the Americas Marketing & eCommerce Shared Services organization with a special focus on reporting automation using Marriott licensed business intelligence tools, and providing reporting and data support to the field team. The manager will ensure that stakeholders within Americas Marketing & eCommerce team can track performance outcomes by designing, enhancing and automating reports and dashboards. The role will also assist evaluating the effectiveness of the marketing & eCommerce efforts by working with the Senior Manager, Field M&E Analytics and the Senior Director, Marketing Analytics in establishing measurement standards.
Education and Experience
• 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration or quantitative discipline; 4 years' experience in sales analysis, marketing analysis, revenue management, financial analysis or a related discipline
• 2-year graduate degree from an accredited university in Business Administration or quantitative discipline; 2 years' experience in sales analysis, marketing analysis, revenue management, financial analysis, quantitative data analysis or a related discipline
• Applied experience in marketing analysis, online marketing, or statistical analysis a plus.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Reporting & Analysis
• Provides analytical support to marketing groups within the field organization by creating, maintaining and automating reports and dashboards to measure marketing performance.
• Communicates results to marketing & eCommerce teams in a timely and resourceful manner to facilitate the meeting of pre-determined deadlines.
• Manages and enhance Reporting & Analysis teamshare site, researching/addressing questions, increasing content (training material, tool guides), and strengthening it as a communication channel with the field.
• Provides training on current tools and reports as needed.
• Provides data support, investigating and responding to questions and adhoc requests.
• Collaborates with business and technical teams to develop/refine automated systems and ensure data integrity.
• Identifies opportunities to streamline and automate current reporting tasks.
• Collaborates with the Marketing Analytics team supporting the continuous improvement of the measurement processes.
• Completes special projects as assigned which allow the Marketing & eCommerce to support their stakeholders to be more effective and meet goals.
• Builds complex end-user reports and visually appealing dashboards using Excel, Tableau, SAS or reporting applications
• Uses statistical analysis, business intelligence tools and extracting/analyzing data using SQL or SAS, Tableau, Cognos preferred.
• Manage multiple projects supporting several teams within Marketing & eCommerce and Marketing Analytics.
• Demonstrate analytical ability with knowledge of statistical analysis techniques. Synthesize and analyze large volumes of complex information from multiple sources in a programmatic manner.
• Possesses excellent interpersonal, public speaking, written and oral communication skills. Able to explain complex information in a way easily understood by a non-technical audience.
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
• Demonstrates knowledge of function-specific procedures.
• Keeps up-to-date technically and applies new knowledge to job.
• Provides information to co-workers and stakeholders by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person in a timely manner.
• Demonstrates self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
• Informs and/or updates supervisors on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Manages time effectively and conducts activities in an organized manner.
• Presents ideas, expectations and information in a concise, organized manner.
• Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.