When you join the Sheraton family, you become a member of its global community. We've been a place to gather and connect since 1937. At Sheraton, associates create a sense of belonging in more than 400 communities around the world. We welcome guests through engaging experiences and thoughtful service. If you're a team player who is excited to deliver a meaningful guest experiences, we encourage you to explore your next career opportunity with Sheraton.
Ideal candidate profile
Responsible for all front office functions and staff. Areas of responsibility include Concierge, Bell, Guest Service Center, Guest Services/Front Desk and Sheraton Club, as applicable. As a department head, directs and works with managers and employees to successfully execute all front office operations, including guest arrival and departure procedures. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department.
Core work activities include:
• Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations
• Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, guest satisfaction goals, etc.
• Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met
• Manages department controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention
• Acts as the “Service Champion” for the Front Office and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations
• Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably
• Determines how change impacts self and others; displays flexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicates both the reasons for change and how it impacts the workplace
• Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required
• Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential
Minimum job requirements:
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration or related major
• 4 years experience in the guest services, front desk, or related professional area with minimum of 2 years in a managerial role.
•Having work experience in a large hotel and casino hotel back ground is a plus.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.