When you join the Sheraton family, you become a member of its global community. We've been a place to gather and connect since 1937. At Sheraton, associates create a sense of belonging in more than 400 communities around the world. We welcome guests through engaging experiences and thoughtful service. If you're a team player who is excited to deliver a meaningful guest experiences, we encourage you to explore your next career opportunity with Sheraton.
Ideal candidate profile
Explore our very big world
We welcome you to join our global and diverse family. Your positive energy and people-pleasing mindset are an important part of why our guests continue to choose us for their event needs. Every day presents a new opportunity to interact with people from all over the world, giving you new inspiration and perspective.
Rewards for work, benefits for your lifestyle
You'll be supported in and out of the workplace through:
· Discounts on hotel rooms, gift shop items, food and beverage
· Learning and development opportunities
· Recognition programs
· Wellbeing programs
· Encouraging management
· Team-spirited colleagues
The impact you'll make
You will enjoy working with a well-synchronized service staff, prepared to do whatever it takes to pull off a flawless event. When the guests arrive, they will be pleased to find your polished appearance and dedication to exceptional service that delights in the details. You will feel a sense of accomplishment knowing that you've impressed each guest with personalized attention.
What you'll be doing
· Prepare coffee breaks, carts and stations with appropriate supplies
· Organize tables, action stations, buffets, and carts for service
· Communicate any additional meal requirements or special requests to the kitchen
· Ensure courses are properly cleared and crumbed in a timely fashion
· Manage the presentation of tableware so that it is accessible for the guests
· Monitor cleanliness and proper sanitization of tables, stations and service areas
What we're looking for
· Great conversational skills and teamwork-oriented
· Positive outlook and outgoing personality
· Previous banquet serving experience is a big plus
This role requires the ability to move and lift up to 25 lbs. Standing, sitting or walking for extended periods of time and ensuring a professional appearance in a clean uniform are also required. Prior to employment, we'll ask you to complete safety training and certification.
Connect your passions with a rewarding opportunity
You're a food and beverage enthusiast who really enjoys making others feel at home. When you work with us, you'll get to entertain and meet people from all over the world as you build your experience. Join us and grow through opportunities to explore the business, opening yourself to various career options. No matter your path, we'll make sure you feel right at home.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.