With its many museums, peaceful canals and 17th-century architecture, Amsterdam charms every visitor. In the midst of this splendid city, you'll find the Amsterdam Marriott Hotel.
Our luxury hotel, located across from Leidseplein's fine dining, shopping and entertainment, is a 5-minute walk to many attractions including the Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh Museum. In the morning visit the Vondelpark for a relaxing walk or run or go to our on-site 24-hour health club for a great workout.
Our 396 spacious guest rooms have everything you need for business or leisure travel and upscale and casual dining awaits you in our two restaurants where you can grab a burger and beer or Amsterdam's finest steak in town. Our 12 meeting rooms are equipped with the newest technology; we welcome you to our 'Meetings Imagined'.
We are currently recruiting for a passionate and enthusiastic colleague! Do you want to work in a dynamic work environment in the center of Amsterdam and are you interested in a position at the Amsterdam Marriott Hotel? Read the information below and get excited to apply!
Ideal candidate profile
You are the contact person for our guests in the meeting rooms and will prepare the meeting rooms according to the wishes of the guest. You also take care of their coffee- and tea breaks. During the meetings you will ensure that the guests have everything they need for the meeting.
What makes you the perfect fit?
For our Events Operations Host (Banqueting Waiter) position we are looking for a person who is a team player and someone who loves to work in a busy operational department. You take initiative and feel responsible for what you do. You have relevant experience in Banqueting and are a reliable colleague. You are flexible and do not mind working different shifts and you speak Dutch and/or English. To be eligible for this position you…
· Have at least 1 year experience in hospitality;
· Can create a personal connection with our guests;
· Go the extra mile;
· Are flexible, friendly & team player;
· Have good communication & social skills;
· Are fluent in English & also preferable Dutch, other languages are of course a plus.
What do you get in return?
The Amsterdam Marriott Hotel is part of Marriott International and offers a competitive salary & a wide package of benefits. Each year you will have a performance appraisal and depending on your performance you will get a salary increase. Furthermore we offer:
- A contract for a minimum of 16 hours a week;
- A professional environment to work in;
- Personal coaching & training to support you in your day-to-day job;
- Career possibilities within Marriott International;
- Special discounted rates for 7000+ Marriott hotels worldwide for you, your family and friends;
- A TakeCare program; we focus on your wellbeing in general and organize several healthy and fun activities throughout the year;
- Many social activities, such as our Associate Appreciation Week, an annual Staff Party and Team outings.
For more information about the Amsterdam Marriott Hotel please have a look on our website; www.amsterdammarriott.com .
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.