An exciting opportunity to start your career journey with Marriott Hotel's. Come and join our Culinary team at the four star Marriott Forest of Arden and develop your career while providing a professional and energetic service to our members and hotel guests.
In return the Forest of Arden offers its associates a competitive salary, gym membership, staff meals, car parking and generous global hotel discounts for you, your friends and family.
The Forest of Arden is part of an exclusive collection of Marriott country clubs and is located in the heart of the West Midlands, located between Solihull and Coventry with easy access to the M6, M42 and M40 and just four miles from Birmingham NEC, Airport and International Train Station.
The Forest of Arden is the perfect location for business and leisure and has a focus on culinary excellence with our AA Rosette-awarded restaurant, Cast Iron Bar and Grill. Marriott International is the worlds' largest hotel company and provides associates with extensive, ongoing training and development for long term career opportunities.
This elegant Marriott Hotel is one of the top UK Leisure destinations with two golf courses including our championship Arden course and a driving range and the Golf academy. The Forest of Arden also offers outdoor tennis courts, a fully equipped fitness centre and our relaxing Cedarwood Spa with 8 treatment rooms.
Ideal candidate profile
Culinary associates at our Marriott Hotels & Country Clubs enjoy a varied and very active role in providing our guests with memorable and unique experiences. As part of our family of associates you will host a blend of guests& events including weddings, golf, sports teams, corporate guests & leisure visitors.
We offer our associates;
· Competitive pay for every hour worked plus potential gratuities
· Meals on duty
· Leisure membership at the hotel
· Global hotel room discounts for Marriott and it's brands
· Worldwide food and drink discounts
· An attractive long service programme
· Complimentary uniform
· Inclusive car parking
As a Commis Chef, you will be required to;
· Work enthusiastically as a member of our busy kitchen team
· Undertake training & development from senior chefs
· Prepare ingredients for cooking, including washing, peeling & chopping
· Maintain fridges and other food storage areas, monitoring and recording temperatures
· Cook and plate food according to agreed recipes and standards of mise en place
· Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers in a safe manner & ensuring correctness of temperatures.
· Set-up and break down work station, washing and disinfecting kitchen area, tables, tools, knives, and equipment.
If you are interested in experiencing life both in the Kitchen as a Commis Chef, and in our Cast Iron Bar and Restaurant as a Food and Beverage associate, we have opportunities available. You will spend 6 months in each department to make up your 12 month placement, this can be discussed during the short listing process.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.