Description de l'offre
EDITION Hotels combine the visionary genius of boutique hotelier Ian Schrager, the service delivery of a world-class luxury hotel, and the global reach of Marriott International to create an entirely new experience in the world of hospitality. Our hotels are stunning microcosms of the world's top cities, featuring the finest in dining, entertainment, nightlife, and service to create an enchanting experience that makes your spirit soar!
But to create this magical experience, we need you.
EDITION is hiring warm, out-going, authentically amazing people who are looking for a place to work that inspires them, challenges them and makes them proud to come to work. A place where service comes from the heart, not from a handbook. A place that delivers a never-ending theatrical performance that continuously delights and enchants each and every one of our guests.
We invite you to join us today.
Bar Backs, perform tasks to support the Bartender and other staff members. They help with opening and closing duties, prepare and serve drinks, stock items, assist in the reordering process.
CORK WORK COMPETENCIES
Safety and Security
· Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
· Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
· Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
· Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
· Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
· Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
· Follow property specific procedures for handling emergencies (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
Policies and Procedures
· Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
· Follow company and department policies and procedures.
· Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
· Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
· Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
· Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
· Welcome and acknowledge each guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
· Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
· Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
· Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
· Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
· Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way, or offering access to Braille or TDD phones).
· Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
· Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
· Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
· Working with Others
· Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
· Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
· Collaborate with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
· Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
· Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
· Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period or for an entire work shift.
· Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
· Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
· Move through narrow, confined, or elevated spaces.
· Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces.
· Move up and down stairs and/or service ramps.
· Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
General Food and Beverage Services
· Follow appropriate procedures for serving alcohol (e.g., TIPs (Training for Intervention Procedures), CARE (Control Alcohol Risks Effectively)).
· Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day, practicing clean-as-you-go procedures.
· Assist your and other departments when needed to ensure optimum service to guests.
· Report any employee, guest, and/or vendor incidents and accidents to management and Loss Prevention at the time of the incident and/or accident.
· Communicate with guests, other employees, or departments to ensure guest needs are met.
Greeting and Seating
· Thank guests upon departure, invite him or her to return, and wish them a fond farewell.
· Secure liquors, beers, wines, coolers, cabinets, and storage areas.
· Complete closing duties, including storing all reusable goods, breaking down goods, cleaning all equipment and areas, returning equipment to proper locations, locking refrigerators, restocking items, turning off lights, locking doors, and completing daily cleaning checklist.
· Count bank at end of shift, complete designated cashier reports, resolve any discrepancies, drop off receipts, and secure bank.
· Follow property control audit standards and cash handling procedures (e.g., blind drops).
· Transport bank to/from assigned workstation, following security procedures.
· Obtain assigned bank and ensure accuracy of contracted monies, obtaining change required for expected business level, and keeping bank secure at all times.
· Process all payment methods in accordance with Accounting procedures and policies.
· Issue, open, and serve wine/champagne bottles, ensuring guest satisfaction.
· Assisting with opening and closing duties, such restocking the bar with garnishes, straws, and napkins, ensuring that Bartenders have clean towels, glassware, etc.
· Ensuring bar is well stocked with ice, liquor, wine, and beer.
· Checking taps and appliances to confirm that they are working properly, making minor repairs or changing out kegs, if needed.
· Keeping the bar clean by wiping down surfaces, sweeping and mopping, removing soiled glassware, scrubbing coolers and storage areas, and emptying trash receptacles.
· Learning about menu items and memorizing cocktail recipes.
· Taking orders, preparing drinks, bussing tables, opening tabs, and processing payments especially during peak hours.
· Speaking to customers, answering questions, handling complaints.
· Maintain records and report levels of usage to assist in reordering process and ensuring that delivered items are stored properly.
Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
· Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
· Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
· Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
· Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
· Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Other Professional Abilities
· Experience working in multi-cultural environment
· Pro-active and reliable
· Enable to work under pressure
· Instill a calm, organized approach to all situation
· Beverage knowledge and preparation