Repair and replace virtually any damaged or worn part on a crane. Using mechanical engineering theory, review schematics and operations books to ascertain procedures and objectives and test nature of technical problems. Operate mechanical boom and cable equipment to troubleshoot machine problems and evaluate correctness and completeness of repairs that have been done on the machine. Weld metal parts or components together using brazing, gas or arc welding equipment. Sets the positive example in punctuality and professional demean or by respectful communication with all levels of staff, keeping work areas clean and orderly, and promoting safety regulations and all other programs.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Absent undue hardship reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Essential Job Duties:
· Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or modification to ensure proper performance
and compliance with manufacturer’s specifications.
· Repair and replace damaged or worn parts.
· Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment in order to diagnose defects.
· Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools.
· Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles.
· Examine parts for damage or excessive wear using micrometers and gauges.
· Read, understand, and interpret operating manuals, parts manuals, blueprints and technical
· Overhaul and test machines or equipment to ensure operating efficiency.
· Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions using test instruments such
as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts and pressure gauges.
· Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure
they are in proper operating condition.
· Adjust and reline brakes, align wheels, tighten bolts and screws and reassemble equipment.
· Specialize in repairing and maintaining parts of the engine, such as fuel injection systems.
· Welds in flat, horizontal, vertical or overhead position.
· Repair broken or cracked parts, fills holes and increases size of metal parts, using welding
· Review layouts, blueprints, diagrams, or work orders in preparation for welding or cutting metal
· Promotes a safe work environment by ensuring the group and self follow established safety
· Follows directions for the handling and disposing of hazardous wastes, such as toner, oil, antifreeze,
transmission fluid, auto parts cleaner and similar material.
Job Skills: Applies the required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA) in the performance of essential job duties:
· Demonstrated initiative to visualize, organize, manage, and complete projects in individual
and group settings.
· Ability to interface with all levels of staff.
· Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information.
· Ability to multi-task while completing work in a competent and professional manner.
· Competency in mechanical and electrical technical engineering application.
· Demonstrated ability to perform welding using different types of equipment
Education and Experience:
High school graduate or GED.
· Travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time.
· Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver license and passport.
· Ability to work overtime as well as on weekends or on call duty.
Liebherr USA Co.