Liebherr-Canada Ltd . is a part of the Liebherr Group. Family owned for more than 65 years,the Group now employs over 42,000 people, in more than 130 companies on all continents. Liebherr Canada was incorporated in 1973 and now operates in seven (7) provinces to facilitate sales, marketing and aftersales of selected Liebherr products. Liebherr’s diverse and engaged workforce have been central to the company being recognized for innovative, highest quality products and customer-driven service.
This position will be responsible to develop and maintain positive ongoing commercial relationships with new accounts and existing customers. The ideal candidate would reside in either greater Halifax, N.S. or Moncton N.B. The incumbent will promote growth activities and aim to increase Liebherr’s market share of earthmoving equipment within Atlantic Canada. Founded on a deep knowledge of the existing and potential market of the region, the incumbent will engage in high-level exchanges with decision-makers to determine best sales solutions for LCA. In-depth experience in the heavy equipment industry network is essential for this key role.
· Identify growth opportunities within the product line and develop plans to ensure continued revenue growth in assigned region or territory
· Continuously increase equipment product knowledge to promote and guide existing relations towards LCA offering
· Educate customers on Liebherr products, warranties, and technical support to increase value of our aftermarket services
· Initiate, establish and maintain key relations within industry and build long-term relationships with customers
· Work in close collaboration with all internal stakeholders to support a successful sale and ensure client satisfaction
· Deliver on all sales functions from potential client identification to product delivery including invoice preparation and product presentation.
· Manage territory based on plan for the year and visit customers on a regular basis as determined by the plan
· Utilize internal Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to track customer information and progress
· Must have Post-secondary education (or equivalent); engineering or business related certification considered an asset
· Min. 3 yrs. of heavy equipment direct sales experience required; construction and forestry markets an asset
· Be strategic, innovative, and proactively sales results focused
· Strong communication skills verbal and written in both French and English an asset
· Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
· Excellent organizational and time management skills to respect deadlines
· Travel at least 80% of the time in territory and occasional international or national travel
· Able to work on a flexible schedule to manage existing accounts and meet customer expectations
· Valid driver’s licence required
Why Liebherr Canada?
We are committed to maintain a long-term relationship with our employees. We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program including Company paid health, dental and vision care plan for employees and their dependents from the 1st day, 3 weeks’ annual vacation to start, and an RRSP with a generous employer match.
All Liebherr Canada positions require:
• Safe Work Practices • Customer Service Oriented • Professional Demeanor • Proactive • Computer Literacy • Sense of Urgency • Interpersonal Skills
Thank you for your interest in Liebherr Canada. The Recruiter responsible for the vacancy reviews candidate applications. Only those candidates who meet our selection criteria will be contacted.
Upon request, accommodations in the recruitment process will be provided for job applicants with disabilities.