Our Construction Equipment Division is seeking an experienced Sales Representative. We offer competitive wages and benefits. The details of the position are as follows:
Maintains customer relationships, sells new and used equipment and increases market share within assigned sales territory.
Essential Job Duties:
· Sells company’s products and services by calling on prospective and established customers, including contractors, associated construction companies and governmental agencies.
· Create and implement a growth plan to increase market share.
· Accurately and completely enter all customer contact visits into the LIVIS database and maintains records and prepares reports on sales activities.
· Collect and maintain competitive pricing data and product information on all major competitors.
· Works with the parts and service teams to ensure 100% customer satisfaction.
· Negotiates terms of sales agreements for approval by management.
· Provides product advice to customers.
· Distributes product literature.
· Creates and delivers features/benefits presentations to diverse audiences.
· Assists with resolving account receivable issues.
· Determines priority and effort given to each account based upon sales potential and maintenance.
Position Specific Competencies:
Job Skills: Applies the required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA) in the performance of essential job duties:
· Demonstrated knowledge of construction equipment products and the industry, including market values within the defined territory.
· Demonstrated knowledge of selling techniques and the ability to close sales.
· Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
· Good negotiating skills to secure sales that represent profitable business for the company
· Sound judgment and high integrity with ability to perform duties at customer job sites and locations as required.
· Ability to function in a team environment and work with other groups for maximum customer satisfaction.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Power-Point and Excel, and web-based tools.
· Strong record keeping and organizational skills.
Quality of Work : Demonstrates concern for the accuracy and quality of work. Takes steps to correct mistakes, and uses feedback to improve overall performance.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in a related field with 2 – 4 years related experience: or a minimum of 6 years equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Travel locally within the defined territory on a daily basis with occasional overnight travel.
· Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.