Liebherr in the USA
In line with its international growth, Liebherr’s venture into the United States began in 1970. Within a couple of years, the company expanded and completed its production facilities in Newport News, VA for its product line of hydraulic excavators. It was later converted into Liebherr’s manufacturing facility for mining trucks and remains home to Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News, Co. In addition to its production facility, Liebherr markets a wide variety of products and technologies through its companies located across the United States. The companies are Liebherr- Aerospace Saline, Inc., Liebherr Gear Technology, Inc., Liebherr Automation Systems, Co., and Liebherr USA, Co., the umbrella company for eight divisions that are positioned across the United States.
The Mechanical/Structural Designer assists in the design and development of mechanical/structural related components and systems for use on mining equipment including new designs or product improvements of a current design.
· Creates or works from sketches, marked prints, verbal instructions or Engineering Change Requests (ECR’s) to produce detailed drawings and/or assemblies or make revisions to existing drawings.
· Provides design input for product improvement including cost reduction.
· Works according to and complies with established departmental and company procedures.
· Participates in Engineering Development Programs.
· Works with Engineers to specify certain components required to assist in engineering projects including Pro-E modeling and creating production drawings.
· Responds to requests from manufacturing including occasional trip to the shop as necessary or requested to possibly assist or review a potential engineering documentation related issue and its effect with production.
· Records pertinent information required to generate a proper Engineering Notice for the release of engineering documents.
· Reads and interprets documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance manuals and procedure manuals.
· Carries out instructions and deals with multiple issues to complete assigned tasks or projects.
· Level I - Associate’s degree (A.S.) or equivalent from a two year college or technical school for engineering drafting and design; or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Level II - Associate’s degree (A.S.) or equivalent from a two year college or technical school for engineering drafting and design; or six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Level III - Associate’s degree (A.S.) or equivalent from a two year college or technical school for engineering drafting and design; or eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Two years Creo (Pro-E – Wildfire) modeling experience in mechanical/structural engineering field with the ability to produce or modify 3D models.
· Knowledge and use of AutoCAD.
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as algebra and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to compute area, volume and weights.
· Ability to use Microsoft Office.
· Is expected to travel nationally and internationally up to 20% to customer or supplier sites.
· Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
· Ability to complete and maintain mine certifications or safety training such as Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) hazard training.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Applications are only accepted via the online-portal www.liebherr.com .
Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.