At Lidl, we have over 700 stores that rely on the round-the-clock hard work of our warehouse teams to make sure they have all the products they need to sell to customers. As a warehouse operative, you'll quickly become a dab-hand at the job once you've completed your basic training. That's because the core tasks remain the same every day of the year. You'll need to take pride in a job well done. The challenge comes from working quickly, supporting the Recycling team, working together to maximise recycling performance and minimise the amount of waste being diverted to landfill.
Please note that as part of your application you will be asked to complete three online exercises taking less than 20 minutes, designed to provide us with a more in-depth understanding of you and your potential as a member of our team. Should you be successful at this stage, someone from the recruitment team will get in touch to chat about your application over the phone and following this you may be invited to face to face interview.
What will you do?
· Checking Vehicles into the Recycling Area
· Processing of various types of Food Waste from the sales / store team
· Processing Card / Plastic materials in an efficient manner
· Liaise with external contractors to ensure recycling collections are processed in a timely manner
· Liaising with the Warehouse to ensure waste is returned and processed in an efficient manner
· Report any damaged items to your manager
· Take responsibility for working through your tasks independently
· Help out in any team tasks, such as cleaning equipment and checking stock
What will you need?
· Some experience of working in a fast-paced, target driven environment
· Willingness to work around all different types of stock, in temperature-controlled areas
· Good attention to detail when working quickly
· Self-motivation to work hard and do everything to the best of your ability
· Flexibility to work a range of different shift options, during the day or night
What do we offer?
You will be well-rewarded for your work at Lidl. Not only will you be part of a secure, growing business, we'll make sure you have quality training and progression opportunities if you want to develop a career with us. As well as your competitive hourly rate, starting at £9.00 with the potential to earn up to £10.10 per hour *subject to experience as well as an additional £2 per hour while working between 00:00 and 05:00 , you will also get 30 days' holiday, a pension scheme, discount on our products and corporate discounts on holidays, days out, cinema tickets and plenty more.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.