We've almost outgrown our Lutterworth Regional Distribution Centre and will be moving next year. Our brand new facility in Peterborough will open in August 2020. In line with this relocation, this position is advertised as a Fixed Term Contract in our Lutterworth RDC until July 2020. Should you want to continue your career with us thereafter, the role will be based in our new RDC in Peterborough.
At Lidl, we have over 700 stores that rely on the round-the-clock hard work of our warehouse teams to make sure they have all the products they need to sell to customers. As a warehouse operative, you'll quickly become a dab-hand at the job once you've completed your basic training. That's because the core tasks of order picking, repacking and shipping our stock to stores remain the same every day of the year. The challenge comes from working quickly, listening to your headset, picking the right stock every time, stacking it perfectly for deliveries and wrapping it tightly to be loaded onto the lorries. You'll need to take pride in a job well done. Making sure the products arrive at our stores in perfect condition takes great concentration all the way through a demanding shift.
Please note that as part of your application you will be asked to complete three online exercises taking less than 20 minutes in total, designed to provide us with a more in-depth understanding of you and your potential as a member of our team. Following this, someone from the recruitment team will get in touch to chat about your application over the phone and you may be invited to a face to face interview.
What will you do?
· Pick a variety of products including meat, wine, fruit, frozen and chilled items
· Listen carefully to picking instructions through your headset and carry them out at pace
· Make sure your deliveries are perfectly stacked and secure
· Report any damaged items to your manager
· Take responsibility for working through your orders independently
· Help out in any team tasks, such as cleaning equipment and checking stock
What will you need?
· Some experience of working in a fast-paced, target driven environment
· Willingness to work with all different types of stock, in temperature-controlled areas
· Good attention to detail when working quickly
· Self-motivation to work hard and do everything to the best of your ability
· Flexibility to work a range of different shift options, during the day or night
What do we offer?
You will be well-rewarded for your work at Lidl. Not only will you be part of a secure, growing business, we'll make sure you have quality training and progression opportunities if you want to develop a career with us. As well as your competitive hourly rate, starting from £9.00 with the ability to earn up to £13.10*, you will also get 30 days' holiday, a pension scheme, discount on our products and corporate discounts on holidays, days out, cinema tickets and plenty more.
*Rates of pay detailed below:
· £9 per hour (base rate)
· £2 per hour uplift for hours worked worked between midnight and 5am (nights premium)