The variety and pace that comes with every shift as a Customer Assistant at Lidl needs dedication and flexibility. Our stores are open Monday to Sunday so you'll need to be able to work night shifts in the week and at the weekend. You'll put in a shift as part of the team working hard through the night in our busiest stores. You'll check and unpack deliveries, stock our shelves and, make sure the store is ready before the doors open for customers in the morning. Unlike your colleagues working the day shifts you won't be interacting with customers working these shifts, but that doesn't mean the customer experience isn't at the heart of the role.
Please note that as part of your application you will be asked to complete three online exercises taking less than 20 minutes, designed to provide us with a more in-depth understanding of you and your potential as a member of our team. Should you be successful at this stage, someone from the recruitment team will get in touch to chat about your application over the phone and following this you may be invited to face to face interview.
What will you do?
· You'll unpack deliveries through the night
· Make sure all access areas are clear
· Keep the store gleaming clean – both on the shop floor and behind the scenes
· Help organise areas for promotions and special offers
· Carry out regular freshness checks and rotate stock
What will you need?
· Some knowledge or experience of working in a fast-paced environment
· Good attention to detail when working quickly
· The ability to react positively to changing priorities
· Self-motivation to work hard and do everything to the best of your ability
· The drive to work hard and contribute to the success of your store
· Ideally, previous experience working night shifts
What do we offer?
You will be well-rewarded for your work at Lidl. Not only will you be part of a secure, growing business, we'll make sure you have quality training and progression opportunities if you want to develop a career with us. As well as your competitive hourly rate, starting from £10.55 with the ability to earn up to £11.65 per hour (*dependant on experience experience and including London Weighting) and an additional £2 per hour while working between 00:00 and 05:00 , you will also get 30 days' holiday (pro-rata), a pension scheme, discount on our products and corporate discounts on holidays, days out, cinema tickets and plenty more.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.