Our Lutterworth Property Department is strengthening its property team. With this in mind we are now looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated and ambitious individual to join as a Junior Consultant – Property.
You will be responsible for the ongoing management and modernisation of our current portfolio, the acquisition of additional land, asset management of the estate and general property matters. Working in a unique environment like ours, you can expect and look forward to having exposure to the development and planning processes, as well as comprehensive asset and estate management, which means exceptional communication and negotiation skills are crucial, as is the ability to multi-task, communicate with other departments and meet tight deadlines!
We've almost outgrown our Lutterworth Regional Distribution Centre and will be moving next year. Our brand new facility in Peterborough will open in August 2020.
What will you do?
· Performing regular SWOT analysis of existing stores
· Submitting and managing planning applications
· Planning and managing the acquisition of additional land
· Developing relationships with key stakeholders
· Liaising with internal teams – sales/facilities
· Estate management of existing portfolio
· Appointing and managing external consultants
· Promoting the Lidl brand to external parties
· Managing landlord and tenant relationships
· Achieving agreed KPI's in line with the property strategy
· Assisting the property team as required
What will you need?
· Ideally MRICS and experience in acquisitions and planning or a keen interest in Commercial Real Estate.
· Property/Construction degree preferred but not essential
· PC literate with strong Microsoft Office skills
· Refined negotiating skills
· Sound commercial acumen
· Excellent communication and organisational skills
· A pragmatic and analytical approach
· The ability to multi-task and handle conflicting deadlines
· Motivated and proactive with an eagerness to learn and develop a career in Property.
· Strong Microsoft Office skills
· A full driving licence and the flexibility to travel throughout the UK
· Ability to work well within a team
What do we offer?
· Starting from £30,000 with the ability to earn up to £37,000 (*dependent on experience)
· 10% London Weighting benefit (non-contractual) for employees working within the M25
· 35 days holiday per annum (pro rata, including Bank Holidays)
· Private medical insurance
· A contributory pension scheme
· 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
· Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
· Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
· Excellent long-term career prospects
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.