Job Title: Sr. Analyst - Finance
Reports To: AVP - Finance
Location: Berkeley Heights, NJ
SalonCentric, a subsidiary of L’Oréal USA, is the premiere distributor in the United States of salon professional products. Through its hundreds of stores, national field sales force and sub-distribution network, SalonCentric promotes the finest professional beauty brands and educates stylists on the latest products and trends.
This position is responsible for providing finance support to the SalonCentric Assistant Vice President of Finance. The role is tasked with providing analyses on discount management across PPD brands, co-op management across PPD brands and overall GTN sales management for PPD. The role will assist heavily in planning, budgets, and trends. Improves the profitability of our brands at the customer level, improving the Total PPD P&L.
· Deliver consistent support of the monthly close process for the PLP COMPASS cube. Consistently review PLP in COMPASS for customer/product mapping for any unmapped customers/products and update accordingly.
· Coordinate close process with SC finance team and PPD teams to ensure PLP cube officialized on time.
· Update, maintain and review key analysis including the Regional E10, Sales Evolution, Fringe Report, Daily Flash, Weekly Sales report, and BF Dashboard.
· Provide analytics and commentary on results versus target/prior year, identifying cost savings opportunities as well as risks across the entire P&L.
· Perform detailed reviews of line items, understanding one-time expenses, recurring fees, accruals, AP adjustments, re-classes, etc.
· Partner with accounting to execute needed entries throughout the year – these include periodic accruals, re-classes, allocations/chargeback, etc.
· Develop detailed trends and budget scenarios by P&L line item by partnering with business owners as well as financial modeling.
· Provide robust and dynamic reporting on key areas of Gross to Net with focus on structural discounts and PDA.
· Improve reporting efficiency by utilizing available systems and reporting functionality within SAP, Analyzer and Compass.
· 1-3 years of experience in finance or accounting required.
· Bachelor’s degree concentration in Finance or Accounting required.
· Consumer products industry experience preferred.
· Strong computer skills required; must be proficient in Excel.
· Financial reporting experience and use of SAP, Hyperion, COMPASS or similar systems highly desirable.
· Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills; oral and written communication skills; and excellent interpersonal skills.
· Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
· Must have the ability to interact with all levels of management.