Description de l'offre
**This position has flexibility to be a Sr. Analyst OR Manager level.**
The Customer Demand Planner will be accountable for forecasting consumption and shipment quantities and in addition retail inventory from a customer-perspective (vs brand based) for the Consumer Products Division through being able to gather and incorporate all sources of market intelligence. To communicate customer demand forecast plans and the assumptions behind them to key supply chain and commercial stakeholders. To ensure current trends are incorporated into the demand plan and that promotional display programs included in the demand plan are reconciled with the customer and sales team. To update and monitor process key performance indicators and diagnostics to ensure continual forecast improvement efforts and prepare written analyses, documentation, reports or other data requiring minimal supervisory review.
Job Requirements :
· Bachelor’s degree required- preferably in Supply Chain, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Engineering or other quantitative business discipline
· 3-5 years work experience within a FMCG industry; direct forecasting and customer experience preferred.
· Software Skills: Proficiency with MS Office required, intermediate to advanced MS Excel,; experience with a forecast modeling tool helpful, e.g. Logility; FuturMaster, Manugistics; SAP experience helpful
· Working or developing knowledge of:
· Use of quantitative methods to analyze situations and solve business problems
· Data management/databases
· OLAP tools
· Mass market retail environment
· Consumer marketing
· Supply chain operations
· Effective communication skills with an ability to work cross functionally, build relationships and excel in a team environment
Judgment and Decision Making:
Analyst is accountable for choosing the most appropriate forecast models to maximize forecast accuracy at the SKU level. This position therefore needs to display excellent analytical judgment in determining trends & root causes and leading to actionable and proactive recommendations. Some ability to work autonomously and lead initiatives is important.
Role has significant interaction with internal Supply Chain & Sales functions and some interaction with various levels/functions at the customer. Interaction would entail Sales and Customer teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop accurate collaborative demand ( consumption and shipment) and inventory forecasts at the SKU level for a designated Customer.
· Develop strong working knowledge of marketing/sales/customer business plans to validate forecast and accurately reflect business plan alignment
· Focus on accuracy of demand plan for new product launches, based on accurate analysis of distribution builds and velocity/share expectations in collaboration with the customer viewpoint.
· Analyze historical sales data and future plans while working cross-functionality to achieve continuous improvement in the accuracy of demand forecasts. Using projected demand plans, work towards continuous improvement of forecast accuracy and improve overall demand plan.
· Ensure that promotional display programs included in the demand plan are reconciled with the customer and sales team.
· Ensure that appropriate forecasting processes and methods are being followed and updated as needed. Maintain forecast system data integrity. Perform ad hoc analyses, as required, in support of contingency/scenario planning
· Work cross functionally toward continuous improvement of forecast accuracy.
· Participate in special projects, providing leadership as needed on cross-functional teams when required.
· Desire to dig deep into problems and understand them; desire to create insights and solutions
· Welcomes new and different ideas with an open mind
· Challenges own work with flexibility and integrates changes
2. Manages Complexity
· Strong Analytical skills and attention to detail critical (Focuses on Quality, Focuses on Results, Reasons from Multiple Perspectives)
3. Interacts Effectively
· Strong written and verbal communication skills coupled with excellent interpersonal skills needed to effectively communicate across multiple departments and in customer interactions
· Actively networks across functions and sub-functions to build productive relationship
· Balanced & calm demeanor in face of challenges and adversity
4. Takes Initiative
· Ability to work well autonomously
· “Ownership” of work product and desire to take work to “next level”
· Comfortable leading initiatives and managing individuals from a project basis.
5. Focuses on Results
· Sets priorities in own work and manages time effectively- strong multi-tasking ability
· Reacts in a constructive manner when faced with unexpected or unclear situations
· Adjusts priorities and actions rapidly when appropriate, reacts to the latest data
· Sensitive to deadlines- proactive in communicating deviations from deadlines
· Directly interacts with Customers (Retailer & Sales)
· Highly empathetic in understanding customer PO
· Business maturity to balance customer: company goals and priorities
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email . Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.