KPMG professionals are...
Individuals who take deep personal accountability for their work, have a passion for excellence, driven to achieve their full potential and understand the value of building relationships with clients, future clients, their communities, the global firm and each other. A KPMG professional should have all the following characteristics:
· Strong work ethic
· Thrive on challenges
· Dedicated to providing outstanding client service
Overview of the opportunity:
Our teams of professionals help our client's manage risk so they can focus on their core business. By intimately understanding each client's business, we convert information into insights to identify opportunities and add value to improve client efficiency and performance. As a Staff Accountant you will be required to apply KPMG\u0027s audit and accounting practices and methodologies working with public and private clients primarily in our Financial Institutions and Real Estate audit group.
What you will do:
As a Staff Accountant you will assist with audits of financial statements, interim review engagements, testing internal controls, process documentation and analysis of transactions and accounting issues for public and private companies.
What you bring to the role:
· Undergraduate degree and working towards attaining your CPA designation
· At least 1 year experience working in a public accounting firm using IFRS, working with publicly listed and/or private clients.
· Proficient knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
· Experience working on financial institution or real estate clients would be desirable, however is not a requirement.
· Excellent client service skills with an aptitude to understand the clients\u0027 business and maintain strong client relationships.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and are a strong team player.
· Meticulous attention to detail, organization and planning skills.
Why Choose KPMG? Making the right career choice is important, finding the right company is essential. Watch thisvideo to see the type of people that thrive at KPMG.
Location Vancouver, BC ,Our Values, The KPMG Way
We lead by example | We work together | We respect the individual
We seek the facts and provide insight | We are open and honest in our communication
We are committed to our communities | Above all, we act with integrity
KPMG is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. KPMG encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process , please contact the HR Shared Service Centre by email or by phone at 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 (Option 1). KPMG will consult with all applicants with disabilities who request accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided takes into account the applicant's individual accessibility needs.
Category Auditing Service Line Audit & Financial Reporting ,Industry Financial Institutions & Real Estate